cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Supposed free upgrade to Full Fibre and Digital voice cost me £30

barneyuk1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

End of September TalkTalk inform me they are upgrading my Broadband and Phone service to a new Full Fibre connection. 

They inform me that it is a free upgrade and that there will be no change to my contract, my monthly bill or telephone number.

So why then have I been charged and had taken by direct debit payment, a £30 'Upgrade Setup Fee'?

I am not best happy about this as it is yet another example of bad service, I was left with no service for 5 days after the switch over. I spent over 6 hours talking to customer support trying to sort that out, I don't intend to do the same again. 

barneyuk1_0-1700827561169.png

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 10

Hi @Fionastinton 

This can be sorted for you, but you will need to create your own thread on here.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 2 of 10

The thing is, I probably would have renewed my contract when it expired if it hadn't changed but it's left a sour taste in my mouth now so I most likely won't now.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Yes, that's exactly my point, nothing should have changed. It's a dirty trick to get you to stay with them for longer if you ask me.

0 Likes

barneyuk1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 10

Was yours a free upgrade, did you get the email like mine? If so your contract shouldn't have changed.

0 Likes

Fionastinton
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 10

I've just had my upgrade, and my price has actually gone down from 28.55 to 28 a month but I've had another 18 month contract started? It's annoying because my contract was due to end in March but it now won't end until May 2025.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi @barneyuk1

Thanks for your post, sorry that you are unhappy.

Since your last post, a credit has been applied to your account, you will be able to request it via My Account. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 10

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 8 of 10

I have no doubt that it isn't a con, more likely just incompetence. Every problem with TalkTalk seems to be down to incompetence at one level or another. I am in contract until 18/09/2024. 

As for the upgrade being free, well so far it has cost me £30 and a lot of wasted time.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

The free upgrade is until your current contract expires. So long as you are still in contract, I will ask TalkTalk to investigate this, as it is not a con, it is free.

Keith

0 Likes