cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Switched provider in August but still getting billed by talk talk

Angeljoel
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

Why am I still being billed when I switched to youfibre months ago and you cut my services 2 days before the switch? I am out of contract with talk talk and I cancelled at the end of July ‘24

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

@Angeljoel, One Touch Switching has only recently [12th September 24] come into practice for switching to full fibre from other companies. 

It's highly likely that Talktalk's billing system doesn't know that you left if you didn't call them directly yourself. 

03451 720088 after 9am. 

Even if it's been processed correctly and you told them etc, it takes a while for billing to stop because at that time, if the new company didn't get in touch, you'd have to give 30 days' notice yourself. Billing doesn't just stop when out of contract. It rolls on at full price.

It can then take another month after the cease, if it's come into effect, to sort out billing which is not likely to be on the same cycle as your cease / end of contract date. You will eventually get a bill for £0.00, and only at that stage is it safe to stop the DD.

Check the details of the cancellation process in the subsections in this article:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Cancel-your-TalkTalk-service/ta-p/2204737

I'll move this to the billing section for you for staff attention. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes