cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

TalkTalk bill shows paid but no charge on credit card

MikeG7
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

I pay my TalkTalk broadband bills by recurring credit card payment.

9 July I received an email claiming to be from TalkTalk stating that recurring card payments could not be taken for the next two months. No use of account number and nothing on TalkTalk website so I assumed spam.

18 July I received the usual monthly email stating that my card payment would be taken on or after the due date of 25 July. This confirmed to me that the earlier email was spam.

1 August I received an email stating: 'We have noticed you,ve recently cancelled your recurring card payment with us.' I did no such thing. I logged into my account and it shows the correct last four digits of my card but with an old expiry date and Mastercard rather than Visa. There is no option to change card details - only to set up a direct debit.

My account shows as 'paid' but as of 7 August there is no entry on my credit card account for this bill. Entries can be seen for the June, May and April bills.

I tried your phone number - automated and completely useless.

What is going on?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Thank you.

I will monitor the account.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Appreciated. 

My alarm bells were set off by the statement in the email: 'Please note that we have used your name and first part of your postcode to show that this is from Talk Talk' (!) They could have used my account number.

I suspect my remaining time with Talk Talk will be short.

Regards.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi MikeG7

I can confirm that the payment was taken successfully on the 25th, but we are changing suppliers and have emailed all customers who use recurring card as the payment method that payments may fail and if that's the case we are asking to make a one off card payment which you may have to do for you next bill on the 17th of August.

Sorry for any confusion caused. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

The first email was genuine, @MikeG7.

You might find the forum search engine helpful. It comes up with this:

1000003252.jpg

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/waystopay

Annoyingly, Talktalk sends out generic emails too and these other ones have completely muddied the waters.

However the billing date is normal, but the wording not changed at that stage to tell you to make a one-off payment. The content of My Account sounds very muddled in your case.

Staff will be back during the day, so check back on the thread (notification emails will be from a No Reply address).

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes