cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Unethical selling from Talk Talk

dcookster
Team Player
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

March 2022 I ordered future fibre 900 by web chat and was given a fixed price for 18 months.

This was confirmed on a couple of occasions in the chat and I saved a copy for reference.

Today, I received an email informing me of a price increase from April.

I contacted Customer Service by chat advising I was on a fixed price adding the chat transcript as evidence.

I expected an apology and confirmation the fixed price would be honoured, instead I was referred to a "welcome email" which I don't recall receiving.

After escalating to complaints I was told I would have to take out a new 18 month contract, I declined and escalated further.

Apparently someone will call me tomorrow to discuss further, if that happens.

What an unethical way to treat Customers.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 8

Ofcom do not take individual complaints and there isn't an Ombudsman.

CISAS/CEDR is the resolution service used my many ISPs including TT.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi, it's not disconnected and the bill is paid until 27th April so I hope you don't disconnect as that would be a breach of contract.

The bill suppression was due to a cease order as I advised I would be changing supplier back in January.  I rang back a week later to advise I changed my mind, then again after I received an email.

Despite 2 calls and assurances the cease order was cancelled it wasn't.

In March when my direct debit wasn't taken I contacted you again and was told it would be resolved in a couple of days, it wasn't.

2 complaint managers have done nothing to resolve the issue, its no wonder you were voted worst for Customer Service again.

I've asked to speak with a senior manager on several occasions but had no response, last route is Ofcom and the Ombudman.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi dcookster

Apologies for the delay in replying 

As there was an open complaint which was resolved yesterday (10th) I cannot interfere with an ongoing complaint. The service is now cancelled as of the 5th April, to clarify the account had a billing suppression applied while the investigation by the complaints team was ongoing this was why no bills where issued.

Sorry again for any inconvenience caused. 

0 Likes

dcookster
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 8

Still no reply on this topic even though PM sent and details updated.

Direct Debit due again and Talk Talk not taken again even though they said it would be resolved last month.  Addition to that no reply to my open complaint.

No wonder this lot got voted worst for Customer Service it really is appalling how they treat Customers!!

0 Likes

dcookster
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 8

Details sent via PM.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

HI dcookster

Do you have the chat transcript ? 

You renewed 13/04/2022 (not on fixed price plus)  meaning you where exempt from 2022 price increase but not the 2023 increase. 

If you have the transcript can you PM it to me. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

If you would like the support team to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes