cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Unlimited UK Calls Boost

JackieBooth
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hi there,

My contract ended this month and I signed up for a new one but they did not add on the unlimited UK calls boost - as a result, we went over our monthly usage limit and a bar was placed on my account.

To get it removed, I had to call up several times and get passed around all sorts of departments before it was lifted when I made a payment. Whilst I was on the phone, I then added the Unlimited UK Calls Boost to my account, using the TalkTalk dashboard.

HOWEVER! I was then passed back to customer services on the phone who told me they would add on the Unlimited UK Calls Boost at a discount of £2.50 per month.

I have now received an email to say "You've removed Unlimited UK Calls Boost @ £4 discount for 18 month, and have added Unlimited UK Calls Boost @ £2.50 discount for 18 months".

So understandably I'm not happy. I was the £4 discount for 18 months I had already added myself. Please can this be resolved ASAP?

Email received: https://ibb.co/0VcVWGj 

Talk Talk.png
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi @JackieBooth

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

You are probably better of speaking to customer services again and explain to them what has happened. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

When I was on the phone, it was regarding having the block on our account removed. As soon as I was told this was done, I went to my dashboard and added in the unlimited UK calls boost.

I was then transferred to customer services who said they would add the unlimited UK calls boost and even though I had already done it on my dashboard, I allowed them to do it instead as they said they could offer me a discount.

It wasn't until the email came through that I saw they were now charging me more. 

So: how do I remove the unlimited UK calls boost they added which is more expensive than the one I added?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

If they were speaking to you on the phone, @JackieBooth, you didn't say NO to it at the time?

They can't just do it without your approval. 

For future contracts, remember that the Anytime calls are not added automatically unless detailed as part of the offer. You need to check ith every renewal what the status of your arrangement for calls actually is. 

They are not part of the 18 monh contract but may be on there as a special deal for 18 months. You can remove the boost at any time after a minimum one month, without penalty, so not the same as the main landline + Broadband package requirements. 

Please wait for staff to reach your thread  - if not today, it will now be after the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes