cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Unlimited uk Call boost from previous contract

EK5Matt
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hi, i have just seen on my upcomming bill that I'm being charged £16 for unlimited call boost.

When I went and looked at my boosts and add ons there had been a 24 months £16 discount that had ended, hence the charge this month, however, I'm in a new contract since January this year, so how can this be?

I haven't used a landline phone for about 4 years, is there any chanse this charge can be removed from my bill, as I don't want to pay fore something I don't need or can use.

Regards

Matt

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi @EK5Matt

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Did you keep a record of the offer for the previous deal?

It may well have been included free in that deal as an automatic inclusion. 

You wouldn't have added it yourself but would be responsible for removing it if you didn't think you would ever use it.

You could also have simply negotiated a deal through Chat / phone which would avoid this problem of unwanted extras. Buyer beware!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

EK5Matt
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

I hear what you are saying, but I can't remember ever adding it in the first place, because I would not have need it since I do not use the landline.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Renewing the Broadband contract would have dealt with just that (and its associated landline) whereas the boosts are not an integral part of the contract.

Often the discounted period is set up to match the duration of the contract, but you can remove boosts at any time after a minimum one month. 

You just need to keep on top of the detail and check that you haven't got any unwanted extras in there that you aren't going to use, @EK5Matt.

It wasn't Talktalk's responsibility to remove them simply because you didn't use your landline. 

If you have trouble removing boosts from your My Account, contact Talktalk via Chat or 03451 720088. The phone number won't be available for this on Sunday. Open today till 6pm.

Staff are back on here after the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes