cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Atrocious Connection, Resetting 6 time a day or more!

laram
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 50 of 50

I have no idea whats going on with my internet but I'm losing connection and constantly dropping from wifi, at times the router isn't even available to be connected to on my computer. I know its not my computer because the connectivity is just as bad on other devices and I can still connect to other connection points when the talktalk point has vanished. It's been like this pretty much since those storms rocked the country and I was fully expecting it to improve as repair works were carried out but apparently not. What's going on? At this point I'm so incredibly sick of the poor service that I'm ready to bite the inevitable bullet of moving charges mid contract.

0 Likes
49 REPLIES 49

Message 21 of 50

That time is fine, I accepted it via text too. Thank you.

Message 22 of 50

Hi laram

I'm really sorry for the delay.

I've arranged the engineer visit for 13/03 AM (8am - 1pm)

Will this date and time be ok?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 23 of 50

@laram, if you have not yet managed to fix up an appointment with all this technology playing up, probably better to wait for staff to reach your thread again after the weekend. 

They won't be back on here now before Monday. 

If you want it done sooner, try Chat or phone 03451 720088 (open 9am - 6pm Saturday).

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 24 of 50

Its now telling me to go into a whatsapp chat to book the appointment, and then telling I don't have whatsapp installed - while whatsapp is open on my phone. And just to be clear its doing this if I close whatsapp as well. Trying to go through the the service status page on my account prompts me to click a live chat button that doesn't actually function. What's going on?

0 Likes

Message 25 of 50

I will be free most of next week barring the thursday.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 50

Hi laram

Openreach are now requesting that we arrange an engineer visit to the property so they can investigate further.

Please can you provide your availability AM and PM?

Can you also confirm potential engineer charges Engineer charges

0 Likes

Message 27 of 50

Hi laram

I can see that the fault has been assigned to a line engineer this morning, we should hopefully have further updates later this afternoon.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 28 of 50

Message 29 of 50

Thank you, I just received a text from them as I was reading this.

0 Likes

Message 30 of 50

Hi laram,

I've raised this to Openreach as a non-appointed task. They will investigate over the next 72 hours and may contact you directly if they need to access your home

Chris

0 Likes

Message 31 of 50

OK thanks. I'll run another line test and if it's still failing I'll pass it to Openreach for further investigation

Chris

0 Likes

Message 32 of 50

While I pay for a landline with the contract I don't have a landline phone in my home so I haven't been able to test it.

0 Likes

Message 33 of 50

Line  test is still picking up a potential issue. It's also showing a potential voice fault, are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 34 of 50

OK thanks. I'll run the test again now

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 35 of 50

Oh OK, I just didn't see on in the photo. No worries then you're good to go.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 36 of 50

There's already a microfilter attached.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 37 of 50

You will need to connect the router via a microfilter to the test socket though.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 38 of 50

Then the test can go ahead.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 39 of 50

Hi @laram 

Which plastic bit are you talking about, you already are using the test socket.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 40 of 50

Socket.Socket.

Here's the socket. You can see the plastic piece I can't remove.

0 Likes