cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband speed is good after re-boot (36-40 Mbps) of router but falls off a cliff after a few hours

technoir
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

Two loooooooooong and frustrating on-line chats have failed to remove my problem, which I see from other entries here is a well known issue.

In brief, while the speed achieved is good after re-booting the router, the speed deteriorates over time, necessitating a re-boot every few hours.

Issue seems to be with the router as all other cables have been changed and re-tested, and signal coming into the house - according to Talk talk own Speed Test - is constant.

I see that previous sufferers have resolved this problem with a replacement router.

Could you please send me a replacement.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

technoir doesn't appear to be your other username.

Please can you just start a new thread here Broadband - TalkTalk Help & Support

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12
0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

If you are also @technoir, then you should have said so, well back in the thread, @MistleyTowers.

If you are not one and the same person, yes you do need to start all over again. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Speaking of avoiding confusion . .  .

now I am truly confused. It seems that I may two profiles, one of which I had completely forgotten about.

What's the best way out of this conundrum, please: i.e. which of the two profiles should I usae, and do I really have to start all over again?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Staff are not talking about your personal profile, @MistleyTowers.

You need to return to the message board and click on start a topic to begin your own thread. 

You have posted on another customer's topic, and need to start your own to avoid confusing the original issue.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

I've just checked my personal profile and my name is clearly shown there.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi MistleyTowers

You need to create your own topic/thread on the Community. We ask customers to create their own topics and not post on other threads for support.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

I've just checked my personal profile and my name is clearly shown there.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

Hello Debbie,

I can't seem to find the place to enter my name in my user profile. [See message below for update]

Could you help me with that, please.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi @technoir 

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name to your Community Profile, I can then send you a replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes