cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Cannot Access Yorkshire BS Webpage

jaddi
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 26 of 26

Hi. Yesterday morning I found I couldn't access this site. Has been working fine earlier in the week and no issues accessing other web sites. Same today on both PC and phone and using both Edge and Chrome. However, if put my phone on 4G it opens fine so looks like it's a broadband issue. Have temporarily disabled "Scam Protection" and no difference. KIds safe is off anyway. Also tried rebooting routing router and no better. HELP PLEASE!  

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

jaddi
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 21 of 26

I presume I am using TT DNS as I have never changed these in my router. Primary DNS says 192.168.1.1. Secondary DNS is blank. Dyn DNS is OFF. Is that what you mean?

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 26

@Karl-TalkTalk I am using a Huawei HUB, which as far as I can see, does not offer any settings to change preferred DNS, so I guess it is set to TT DNS.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 23 of 26

Hi

are you using TT DNS settings?  I'm on a TT connection at home, just remote connected and the website is loading.  I'm using google DNS at home.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 26

@Karl-TalkTalk just checked, I cannot access the site on my TT connection either.

All HomeSafe etc etc is and always has been off for years.

However, switching to a VPN and selecting a UK server the site loads, so it is not down.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 25 of 26

Hi

no reported issues with https://www.ybs.co.uk/ and no other reports etc. Website tests fine here.  Can you go to the home safe settings in My Account.  Turn on the settings, Kids Safe, Scam protection etc. Give it 10 minutes, then turn all settings off and see if this then allows access.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes