cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Now TV - Unable to manage or log in on the Android TV device

AmyLocks
Team Player
Private Message
Message 19 of 19

I've just had full fibre (150mb/s) installed which is up and running.

As part of the new package, I subscribed to NOW TV Cinema. Using the link sent to my email, I activated my Now TV account on a laptop which autocompleted the username and password (presumably from the browser saved passwords) and logged me in.

However, when trying to access my account via the Android TV box (received with the new contract), I'm unable to log in, with it stating that my details do not exist.

I've tried:

1. On the talktalk account page, navigated to "Manage Now Add-Ons". Once I select the "Now Cinema Add-On", receive the following message "Sorry, you're on a package which doesn't include TalkTalk TV services."

2. On the NOWTV I've navigated to my account on "https://www.nowtv.com/gb/account/membership" and when selecting "NowTV Membership-Purchased via talktalk", am redirected to the webpage described in 1. above.

Therefore, I'm unable to reset my NOWTV password and don't have access to the content.

Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi

No further updates yet, the teams are still looking at this and programming / development work may be required within myaccount that will have to be scheduled for the future, but no timescales  have been given. If you need to remove or add a feature, our customer teams can usually add items directly to your account.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

Any luck with this? It's due to be charged on my next invoice and I'd like this resolved as it's now taken over a month.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Hi

I've had a reply to say this is still being investigated, but no updates as yet.

This may be related to VOIP packages.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 19

Hi

I've emailed the product owners to chase for updates.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

Message 5 of 19

I have moved this back to the TV section and re-escalated it for you.

Message 6 of 19

I meant any update on being unable to manage my Now subscriptions on Talktalk or Now online.

Since my posts a few weeks ago, I've decided to keep the contract and equipment.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

I think that the implication from Karl's last reply was that you still had to phone in to get the TV aspect cancelled, @AmyLocks.

They should send you a returns bag. 

I'll move this to the billing section, for the My Account issues to be checked.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Hi Karl,

Any update on this?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Hi

All cancellations must go via our Customer Loyalty Teams and they can remove any items from the package that are not required.

Make it clear when you do call that you want to speak to customer loyalty, and they can process this quickly for you.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Hi Karl,

I need to also return my andoid tv box as part of the package was to have a recording option which was one of my conditions of renewing. However, it's only on-demand, so is only a minor upgrade to my smart tv.

It's all noted on my account but your customer services were unable to cancel when original contacted (about 1 week ago) until the full fibre was properly installed, which is now is. I only want to remove talktalk tv but wish to continue with telephone and internet services.

Is that possible as today I was initially cut off from customer services on 0345 172 0088 and now can't get through?

No worries if not. I can try again later but doing it online would save me the hassle.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Hi 

I'm looking into this for you, and have recreated in your 'My Account' and have escalated this internally to see what is happening.

With the package only recently upgraded to full fibre, it can take a little time for My Account to be fully updated, so it may just be this small delay rather than an issue, but I'll see what the teams advise.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

Message 12 of 19

Yes, then:

- My Package and Add-ons > Manage Add Ons > Manage NOW Add Ons

That brings me to this page: https://www.talktalk.co.uk/my/nowtv

I select: Now Membership (1 active) > Manage Now Cinema

That redirects me to: https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk/tv/Managetv/manageyouviewsubscriptions

Which displays the following message (prefixed by an exclamation mark):

"Sorry, you're on a package which doesn't include TalkTalk TV services.
Find out more about upgrading to one of our great value packages for existing customers." 

Hope that clarifies.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Hi Amy

Are you logging in to your TalkTalk account via https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

The boost was included in the new package -I think it was bundled at a short-term discounted cost. I did activate it from an email link but now can't manage, add or remove any further boosts. Again, the message displayed is "Sorry, you're on a package which doesn't include TalkTalk TV services"

This is from https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk/tv/Managetv/manageyouviewsubscriptions

To reiterate, the NOW TV manage boosts option just loops me back to My talktalk account.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

Hi

If you have added an item such as entertainment or cinema via TalkTalk you should be able to manage these options via MyAccount online.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Thanks for the reply.

I have managed to find a link to resolve the password issue. I must have had an existing account. So, that's resolved.

The only thing remaining is to have access to manage my account and boosts and then I'm set.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 19

Hi

I would check the details on your laptop, see if this autocompletes the log in info for NOW TV.  

We have no access to your username or password for NOW TV, this is stored directly with them, and not something we have access to.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 19

I am a bit puzzled by this autocomplete, have you only just signed up to NOW TV from TalkTalk? If so, I cannot imagine what login details would already be saved on your browser. Have you had an account with NOW TV previously, directly with them? 

0 Likes