cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Connected but no internet - DNS errors in router logs

SHtalk
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Internet access - the last 2 days i have been disconnected from the Internet every 30 mins, I reset the router, or turn off for 30 mins  and then the network comes back with Internet access but then loses it after another approx 30 mins. My router logs show that I have been disconnected and the connection via wifi or Ethernet show connected but with no internet. The white light remains on the front of the router. The router logs show loads of DNS name resolution errors while I am online. The set up I have has not changed for months.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi

Thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi -new router received and all ok atm - many thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi SHtalk

No sorry. Please let us know once the new router has been received and connected.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Ok - it is up and running at the  moment- ( assume will disconnect me soon) 🙁- is there anything else to try in the meantime?

SHtalk_0-1668077734283.png

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi SHtalk

Thanks for your reply.

I'm still unable to connect to the router so I have ordered a replacement router and a returns bag.

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

hi - i reset about 10 mins ago

Message 7 of 10

Hi SHtalk

Before I send the router, I can check the firmware on your router.

Please can you factory reset your router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds, I can then try and connect to your router.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

yes please - is there anything else that i can try while I wait?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, but I can see re-connections on the line. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes