cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Connection dropping

Gangerlv
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 22

Hi, im experiencing a lot of broadband dropouts, can someone please check the line?

Its nearly impossible to work from home .

Cheers

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

That's great news, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 22

Hi Chris,

yes i have, speed is back to normal 50+.

thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 22

Hi Gangerlv,

Just checking in, how are you getting on, have you had chance to to switch the router off for 30 minutes and retest yet

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 22

Ok thanks, could you switch the router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. Please let us know if there's any improvement

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 22

Hi Chris, yes up to 13 down and 19 upload.

thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 22

Hi Gangerlv,

Do you get slow throughput speeds if connected directly to the TalkTalk router?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 22

OK, thanks for that. Wait and see what the support team say when they are back online from Monday. In the meantime please leave the router connected at the test socket. 

0 Likes

Gangerlv
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 22

Wired, wireless is done by Ubiquity. Router is used as a modem only.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 22

Are these speedtest results wired, wireless, or both? 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 22

Ok, got it plugged in at the master socket, now router is showing 60+ down, but when speed tested im getting only 13 max down.

thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 22

Hi Gangerlv,

It will be fine to move the router to the test socket. We really need to test at the test socket to make sure the problem isn't with the extension socket/wiring in your home

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 22

No, it is not at the test socket. Not even at master socket.  It is where it was for 3 years without an issue. I could plug it in at the master socket, but will it not flag as another dropout for DLM?

thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

Hi Gangerlv

Thank you. I've checked the line test is detecting a potential fault towards the property.

Is the new router at the test socket? When you connected the new router did you also use the new cables and filter?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 22

Hi Debbie, ye the new one is online.

thanks

Message 15 of 22

Hi Gangerlv

Is the new router connected at the moment? (So I can check the current sync speed)

We advise to leave the new router connected for at least 48hrs without rebooting to allow DLM time to monitor and adjust the profile/speed.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gangerlv
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 22

Hi Karl, got my new router. Thanks, but it was getting speeds up to a 15Mb a sec. Old one had up to a 60.

Kept it plugged in for a couple of days and speed didnt increase, so plugged old back and it was getting download speed of 1.5. So new one was plugged back in.

Looks like the line needs to be reset after all the droputs.

please advise.

thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 22

Hi

ok, one is on the way.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gangerlv
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 22

Yes please, had this router for quite a few years now.

thanks

0 Likes

Message 19 of 22

Hi

tests are clear but I do see some drops.

would you like to try another router to rule out a hardware issue?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gangerlv
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 22

Hi Karl, should be ok now.

Thanks

0 Likes