cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Connection

Joe902
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 22

Router connection goes off and back on a few times a day for weeks now.

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

Hi Joe,

Ok thanks for confirming. If you'd like us to arrange an Openreach engineer visit to the property then please can you provide a few days availability AM (8-1) and PM (1-6) and we'll book the next available appointment for you. Could you also have a look at the below Help Guide and confirm acceptance of possible time related engineer charges if no fault is found/tests fine by the engineer or if the fault is related to your own equipment.

Engineer charges - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 22

Hi Michelle, a new router came 3 months ago with no difference, i sent the old one back to talk talk as per instructions.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 22

Hi Joe,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've re-run the line test again now and it's still detecting a potential fault towards the property. I can see that we've tested the line at the test socket, have you also tested with a different router as the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 22

No not at 3-50pm today Tues. What surprises me is that last Fri the connection went off at 4-30pm and 9-10pm,Sat once but Sun 4 times and Mon4-35pm . It can be ok for 5 days as well. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 22

OK thanks, can you hear that crackle at the moment?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 22

Hi and yes, crackling on the phone sometimes , over the last 4 months.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 22

I've run the line test again, it's still picking up a potential problem. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 22

hi Chris, manage to find a micro-filter and will put the router plug in it only, then plug in to the test socket at 2-25pm. Tues.  

0 Likes

Message 9 of 22

Hi Joe,

Can you connect the router with a micro-filter to the test socket and let us know when you've done this

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 22

There's no mention of which Master Socket you have anywhere in this thread, @Joe902, previously, and the information contained here is separate from any phone calls or Chat support. 

This is the first time that you have described it on the Community. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Joe902
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 22

Hi, there is no router test socket underneath the MASTER SOCKET 5C,  only a telephone socket on an OPEN REACH  MK4. Joe. (mentioned before).

0 Likes

Message 12 of 22

Hi @Joe902 

Please can you connect the router at the test socket so I can run a line test in this set up?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

@Joe902, I'll re-escalate this thread for attention. 

It will be essential to plug the router in at the test socket, as mentioned in our previous replies. 

It's also important that you follow up promptly on here when staff respond.

These tests are to ascertain whether the fault is with your equipment or within the house, or external, as you don't want an engineer being sent out unnecessarily - that would incur charges.

So it's important to follow the instructions for the tests.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Engineer-charges/ta-p/2207291

Joe902
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 22

(Router connection goes off and back on a few times a day for weeks now.)

Nearly 4 months later now with the same problem. 

Mark & Janet across the road have no problem with B.T. connection.  

0 Likes

Message 15 of 22
0 Likes

Message 16 of 22

Hi Joe902

Please can you confirm the below, I can then continue investigating this fault for you.

Is it at the test socket at the moment? (Just so I can run another line test in this set up)

0 Likes

Message 17 of 22

@Joe902, you need to answer Debbie-Talktalk's question:

Is the router plugged in at the test socket?

This is for them to test your line with no extraneous paraphernalia in the way. They are trying to get to the bottom of the issue for you. 

If you have a test socket it will be located in the master socket, so you need to check whether your master socket has a test socket.

Read this article:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Your-guide-to-main-phone-sockets/ta-p/2205432

If you can set up your router correctly at the test socket, staff will be able to run further tests in the morning  - they are on here very early, so it may be done by breakfast time, and then you can check back on here for any further steps.

Joe902
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 22

surprise surprise, a total of 7 times disconnection  today Tues, 27/02/24. I hope i don`t get a bill for broadband this month??????   

0 Likes

Message 19 of 22

Hi Joe902

Is it at the test socket at the moment? (Just so I can run another line test in this set up)

0 Likes

Joe902
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 22

Just been off and back on again .

0 Likes