cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Constant drop outs with my broadband

Peter_F
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 84 of 84

Helllo,

This is a re-occuring problem that's gotten so bad it's just a joke. I've have constant drop-outs in broadband connection that happen at leat twice a week for months now (Sometimes lasts for days when I can't get a stable connection and internet is pretty much unusable).

I am getting beyond frustrated and just want a stable connection, is that too much to ask? What the hell do I pay for?! 

Could an OCE please look into this ASAP?

Thanks.

0 Likes
83 REPLIES 83

Message 21 of 84

Hi

Optimisation done, see how the line behaves over the weekend.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Peter_F
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 22 of 84

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the reply and the explanation! Yes, could you try to optimise my profile if you think it will help?

Cheers

0 Likes

Message 23 of 84

Hi

DLM will try to create a balance between speed and stability.  If the line is showing instability, DL will raise the signal to noise ration to increase stability but this will drop the speed a little.  If we lower this to increase the speed, there is a risk that the line may become unstable. I just want to make you aware of how this works for an ADSL line.

I can try and optimise the profile for you if you want me to go ahead.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Peter_F
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 24 of 84

Hi,

Just to update that my connection has stabilised for the last couple of days but now my download speed has dropped a little to 9 mbps whereas I was getting 11 to 12 mbps before.

Could you make my speed like it was before whilst maintaining the stability of connection?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Peter_F
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 26 of 84

Hi,

Thanks Michelle, I'll monitor the connection and let you know if it improves.

0 Likes

Message 27 of 84

Hi,

I've optimised the connection now as requested. If there is no improvement in stability over the next 24hrs then I think we should send you a replacement router for testing purposes just to rule this out. Please let us know if there is any improvement.

Thanks

0 Likes

Peter_F
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 28 of 84

Hi,

No I don't have an alternative to test with. Could you please just adjust my profile to stabilise it. I've had this issue before and that's what you did to fix it before. I don't want to have to pay for an engineer to come out for something you can fix on your end.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 29 of 84

Hi,

Ok, do you have an alternative router that you could test with as the next step would be an engineer visit to the property?

Thanks

0 Likes

Peter_F
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 30 of 84

Hi Michelle,

Yes my router is still connected to the socket as it always is. I cannot tell if there is any noise as I don't have a phone connected, only the router is connected to the line. I am using my mobile hotspot to write this message as the broadband connection is so bad.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 31 of 84

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. The line test has detected a potential fault towards the property and I can also see an increase in the number of errored seconds on the line. Is the router still connected to the test socket at the moment? Is there any noise on the voice service?

Thanks

0 Likes

Peter_F
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 32 of 84

Hi,

My broadband internet connection has been constantly dropping out intermittently for the last couple of days. Please could an OCE look into my profile and get me back to a steady, fast connection please?

Thanks,

Peter

0 Likes

Message 33 of 84

Hi Peter,

Glad to hear that the speed has improved and appears to be stable (unfortunately there's nothing that I can do to force it remain stable)

Chris

0 Likes

Peter_F
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 34 of 84

Hi Chris,

So, I've restarted my router and it's showing me faster speeds at 12Mbps. The connection also seems to have stabilised, been up and running with no drops for 20 mins now:

Capture1.PNG

Whatever has or hasn't been done has seemed to have worked! Please could this speed and stability be maintained, I need to upload some content to Youtube and so need a stable, fast connection and I'm already behind schedule today.

Thanks,

Peter

0 Likes

Message 35 of 84

I've not done anything and our systems aren't showing any profile changes by DLM. Could you reboot your router and let me know if the speed improves

Chris

0 Likes

Peter_F
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 36 of 84

Hi Chris,

Yes, my router is currently connected to the phone socket.

Have you done something to my profile? I can see that it has stabilised but now my download speed has now dropped to 7Mbps, whereas before I was getting around 11Mbps.

Capture.PNG

Can you make my speed like it was before whilst maintaining stability?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 37 of 84

Hi Peter,

Your connection does look pretty unstable, is your router currently connected to your test socket?

Chris

0 Likes

Peter_F
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 38 of 84

Hello,

My connection has started dropping badly again this morning, every minute or so. It was fine, stable and fast for nearly two weeks until now, had a couple of dropouts in that time but I just went to the TalkTalk Service Centre and ran a live connection test which sorted out the dropouts. I just did another live connection test which said, "We've tested your broadband line and it looks like it's working as it should be", but I'm still experiencing dropouts. I am now using my own mobile hotspot to send this messgae, this is so ridiculous.

Please could an OCE stabilise my profile and get me a smooth, fast connection again asap?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 39 of 84

Hi,

Thanks for confirming and I'm glad to hear this. DLM should hopefully keep the connection stable. DLM should only adjust the speed if the connection is unstable or their are a high number of errors on the line. We can't lock DLM to stop it from changing the profile, however if the speeds do start varying and the connection becomes unstable then it may be worth arranging an engineer to check this.

Thanks

0 Likes

Peter_F
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 40 of 84

Hi Michelle,

My connection is staying pretty stable and has good download speed, according to my dashboard it did drop out once about 8 hours ago as you can see by the pic, but it is much better than it was!

Capture.PNG

I'm quite happy with it now, please could you continue to keep it like this?

Thanks.

0 Likes