cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

DG8041W ROUTER CONSTANTLY DROPPING INTERNET CONNECTION

clivetunley
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hello,

Been having this problem for a couple of weeks and seems to be getting worse.  Loading internet for a couple of minutes and then seems to reset.  Happens to by wireless and wired connections.  Router flashes orange when this happens (then goes white when connection re-established). 

Router is running version v1.05t.

Log seems to have lots of these entries (no idea what this means but doesn't sound right): 

1981-01-01 00:00:10 [Error][Alarm-Log] AlarmID:104001,AlarmLevel:Error,Device reset. Cause: System reset due to kernel panic, Terminal:OTHER

Good speed and wi-fi when it all works.

Any help much appreciated.

Clive

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Clive

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know.

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

Message 2 of 6

Afternoon,

Connection has been stable since the update.  

Thanks,

Clive

Message 3 of 6

Hi Clive

How's the connection been since yesterday?

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi Clive

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've made a change to your router firmware, please can you monitor the connection and let us know how it compares.

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi @clivetunley,

This can be easily fixed by an upgrade to firmware 1.06t

The support team here will hopefully be able to reply tomorrow to help, they will be able to push that fixed firmware version to your router.

A 'Kernel Panic' error is basically the software within the router crashing, this then triggers the router to reboot. Firmware 1.06t was released to fix this specific issue.