cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Contract of 0.1-0.7 mb/s

JNK240213
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

Looking for advice on next steps and wondering if anyone else went through something similar.

I moved house and TalkTalk offered to transfer wifi into my new home. When doing the change it was simple at first but took a month to set up. (Lived without wifi for a whole month)

I’m not good with any technical terms but the wifi in my old place was good, I could work on my work laptop, scroll on my phone, my housemate doing the same plus online games too. (Paid around £25 a month for this)

When the internet was set up it was extremely slow, the engineer reassured us saying it will get faster. Which it did in comparison to the beginning but not the same quality as the old place. (Paying around £25 a month for this too).

At the moment, videos barely load, I can’t access websites due to the slowness of the connection and have to use 3G to do any work on my laptop. (Currently using 4G to access this website as the internet won’t load it)

My housemate had been away for a month so it was just me at home with my devices. I could barely watch shows even though I turned wifi off on all my other devices I wasn’t using. The video quality was bad and loading was slow. This is when I got in touch with customer service where an engineer revealed that my contract was signed for 0.1 - 0.7 MB/s. After doing research I realised how low this was to the average speed. He informed me that he was sorry that talktalk even offered such a low speed as a contract without me knowing.

Through my account TalkTalk said the internet speed was 1MB/s and the engineer said it’s still faster than what I signed for so I couldn’t complain. - still paying around £25 a month too for this.

I’ve emailed customer service and complained. Hopefully, a solution and possibly a refund will come out as soon as possible. I feel utterly stupid not knowing or complaining sooner. I feel duped by Talktalk and frustrated that so much of my home and work life had to be compromised due to this issue.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi JNK240213,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Hi @JNK240213 that's very poor. The team here will do their best to help. A couple of things to make things quicker for you, could you please add your landline phone number (if you have one) to your community profile and your account number to help the team identify you.

Please don't post personal information here in the community for your own security. 

Second is try a 30 minute reboot. Namely switch of the router for 30 minutes then reconnect. This can sometimes improve things. 

Good luck. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes