cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

DG8041W No port fowarding

parsonsagain
Team Player
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

I was exchanged this router because I was originally I was supplied with a Sagemcom that was forever dropping its wifi as the chip would overheat.

Now i've discovered with the DG8041w i cant port forward (common fault) so what's the answer?

Change ISP?

Who does the R&D on hardware for TalkTalk (not very good).

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 14

OK, the Huawei will allow NAT loopback on some ports, but I expect that will be tightened up in a future firmware release. TalkTalk's position on this is that they consider NAT loopback to be a security risk. No other TalkTalk router permits this. All that you have to do as a workaround is to use the device's private IP address (typically 192.168.1.x)

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

parsonsagain
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 14

Hi, Well router arrived and swapped and I've sent the old one back, Thanks.

However on that router I couldn't port forward, now on this router it wont allow a Nat loopback.

So what i've gained i've lost.

Why do isp's do this sort of stuff?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14
0 Likes

parsonsagain
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 14

Will do, many thanks.

Message 5 of 14

Hi parsonsagain

I have ordered another Sagemcom hub, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 6 of 14

Sorry i've no record of this.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi parsonsagain

Can I just check, which FW version was on the old Sagemcom hub?

I can send a new Sagemcom hub and there is new firmware being rolled out at the moment but this wont be on the new router straight away. Our Products Team are rolling out the firmware to Sagemcom hubs in batches.

Thanks

Message 8 of 14

Hi Debbie, if you wouldn't mind.

Maybe the Sagemcom now has different firmware?

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 14

There's always the option of researching and buying a third party router that does everything and performs the way you want it to. you're not tied to using a TalkTalk supplied device.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 14

I have had no loss of signal from the Sagemcom.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

parsonsagain
Team Player
Private Message
Message 11 of 14

I Need to forward 22, 443 so how? with a DG8041W or do i have to go back to a Sagemcom again?

As i said, I no longer have the Sagemcom, but if memory serves me right talktalk sent me three in total none of which worked after all the tweaks talktalk made (So no vote from me).

It wasn't wifi reception, it was complete loss, the radio modem chip would overheat and crash (again an issue talktalk finally admitted knowledge of)

I've never been sent so many routers from a provider its a bit ridiculous.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

Hi parsonsagain

Would you like me to send another Sagemcom WIFI hub?

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

There are only a small group of ports that cannot be forwarded on the DG8041W, these are:-

TCP Ports 22, 23, 80, 443 & UDP 53.

I have never found any WiFi reception problems as you describe with the Sagemcom. I would think that was just a faulty one & it forwards all ports.

Keith

0 Likes