cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

DNS Keeps dropping out every 10-15min loosing Wi-Fi & Ethernet

Puppetman
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 17 of 17

Over the last week, our Talk Talk router has repeatedly been losing its connection to the DNS resulting in the need to restart the gateway or switch it off and then back on again, this happens several times an hour and is so frustrating when doing work or streaming content.

I have completed a full Factory reset along with changing the DNS settings to target Google at 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 both to no avail.

Also, speeds are a lot more random, you can usually expect about 40 - 45mbps but it does drop down to sub 2.0mbps for stints at a time.

What can be done as it needs to be fixed as soon as possible?

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi Puppetman.

A credit has been raised, you can request a refund via My Account in the next 24 hours. 

Regards

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 17

Sorry to see this, I have re-escalated to the support team for you so that they can deal with it.. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Hi Debbie

After posting on the 4 January about being charged £50.00 for not returning my faulty router I have now had a charge of £50.00 added to my account even thought it was delivered back to Talk Talk on the 22 December. 

How do I get a credit, I have the proof of posting and also the proof of delivery from the Post Office website?

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Hi Puppetman,

These emails are automated, but with the festive period, Bank Holidays and staff holidays, there may be a small delay with the equipment being returned onto the system, and our teams will allow extra time for this. No charges should be applied to your account, but if you do see anything appear, please let us know here and we can pick this up quickly for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 17

Processing of returns appears to be out of kilter at the moment, @Puppetman.

Just don't lose the certificate of posting, but you really shouldn't have anything to worry about. Many of these emails are automated, but there must have been an insensitive human being somewhere who devised them....!

Staff should be able to see as well as you can that it has been received. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Hi Debbie

The router is still working fine, thank you for sorting it out.

I have returned my old router to your and can see from the Post Office tracking that you received it on the 22 December. However I have today received an email to say you are adding £50.00 to my account as the router has not been received.  Please can confirm that as the router has been returned the charge will not be made to my account.

If you need the proof of posting send to you that I received from the Post Office that shows the tracking number please let me know.

Thank you. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Hi Puppetman

How are you getting on, have you received the replacement router?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 8 of 17

Message 9 of 17

Many Thanks, Appreciate it!

Once arrived I will comment if it's worked

Message 10 of 17

Hi Puppetman

No problem 🙂 The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks again.

Debbie

Message 11 of 17

Yes please, if you are able to arrange this that would be grand

Thanks

Message 12 of 17

Hi Puppetman

Thanks for your reply.

I think we should go ahead and send out a new router. Are you happy for me to arrange this?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Hi Debbie,

Yes, I can confirm that the router was on 5hours ago when you tried to connect to it.

Currently, though the router isn't even able to produce Wi-Fi so we are having to use an old router to enable us to work from home.

The old router is working perfectly in terms of connection problems and has no DNS issues.

This means that we can confirm that the broadband line is working fine which leaves the router as the only possible issue in the system.

If you would like to try connecting to it again between 1200 & 1300 then please do and we will make sure it is switched back on and has the broadband plugged in

Also, I see that other people who had the same issue on this forum had a new router sent out?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hi Puppetman

I can't connect to your router at the moment, is it switched on?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 15 of 17

Hi Debbie

Yes please, that would be great, please can you confirm whether this firmware is designed to fix the DNS connection issues?

The DNS Issues are a lot worse tonight the DNS keeps on dropping every 5 minutes or less after resetting it and sometimes doesn't work at all after resetting it.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 17

Hi Puppetman

We have new firmware being rolled out over the next few weeks. Would you like me to upgrade your firmware today to see how the connection compares?

0 Likes