cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

DROP CONNECTION

edallen
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

yesterday and today around 6ish the connection dropped, today it has not come back despite rebooting the router and modem

1. tried to 0345 172 0088 which has the message temporally unavailable so  why have it on your website?

2. the troubleshoot has not resolved the issue 

3 live chat no one to chat to 

i do need the internet in order to work, no internet i cannot do my work and the company i work iam the only one who can do my job. until now the connection has been good.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 5

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I can see that this has been raised to Openreach, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

The live chat link is working fine for me at the moment, your post did not specify exactly what troubleshooting you had tried, so I just wanted to make you aware of the basic checks you could do yourself if you had not done them already.

Message 3 of 5

Hi

if you read my post properly you will find that i have done that all.

The staff on this community won't be around until Monday now, so you may get faster support by using the live chat or calling customer services on 0345 172 0088 over the weekend (both should work, although they are very busy in the evenings), however the staff here should respond to this topic early next week to help if you are still having issues. see points 1 and 3

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem. see point 2

your post dont help. you get better help on twitter.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi @edallen,

What light(s) do you have showing on the router ?

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The staff on this community won't be around until Monday now, so you may get faster support by using the live chat or calling customer services on 0345 172 0088 over the weekend (both should work, although they are very busy in the evenings), however the staff here should respond to this topic early next week to help if you are still having issues.

0 Likes