cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Feel like I’m banging my head against a wall!

antlaura22
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 16 of 16

Hello,

For some background I have lived in my property for 4 years which has had a stable connection until a few weeks ago with various providers. I used to be a computer and load balancing engineer and have a fair amount of knowledge. I have been suffering from random low speed points and internet black outs for a few seconds at a time. This may happen 30 to 40 times a day. After having to deal with the awful support team who repeatedly lied that they would escalate it or to just try and take

me through basic trouble shooting. I bought a new switch, reinstalled my pc OS and have been provided with a new router. I did this knowing it was unlikely to fix the issue but so the support team can stop blaming my internal network. However I am once again getting know where with the support team and I’m stuck with how to fix this. I have also checked on the main line inside the house and checked for failing termination in the phone socket all was fine. How do I get this properly escaped and fixed, I work from home and it’s killing my business!

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hello,

Please can you post the wired pings and trace routes into the thread.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

Still same issue both, wired traceroute shows it can get to the router and its on but its the outside connection lost

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Morning,

Ok thanks for confirming. The sync speed and stability both look stable for the last 5 days. Are the speeds now only dropping at peak times? Could you run a wired ping and trace route the next time this happens please and post the results into the thread.

Run a Ping or Traceroute - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

0 Likes

antlaura22
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 16

I don’t use an internal house phone and do not have one to test. However nothing has changed internally and we live in a bungalow so it’s easy to see the incoming line etc and all look fine and terminated correctly.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

OK thanks. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

antlaura22
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 16

It seems they drop for around about an hour, this seems to be around peak times and midnight. The latency and jitter remain within reasonable amounts

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Thanks for the information. Line test isn't showing any drop in sync speed over the last few days, are throughput speeds still low?

Chris

0 Likes

antlaura22
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 16

I’ve been away for a couple of days but my wife reports no drop outs but speed varied from our normal 50mb to as low as 8 for extended periods of time, she is on the WiFi so I checked my server logs which is lan and she is correct. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Hi antlaura22,

I can see that there have been some disconnections but connection appears to have been stable over the last few days, have you noticed any improvement since your last post?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

I have responded to support when asked just not on this forum as I was unaware this was the “official support” regardless I just want

to get this sorted 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

It really would have helped if you had posted back when asked by staff.

Otherwise they are kept out of the picture and you really can't expect the support system to work well for you if you don't update the post. 

It's a two-way street.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

I am still a residential customer I still make voip calls. Regardless I’m not getting the support and service I should and there is no way I’d even think about going with talk talk business for my office after this.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Yea I thought it was resolved as finally the useless phoneSupport sent me

new router

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 16

I see that you also mentioned that you were having problems here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/Awful-service/td-p/2875905

Staff would have been happy to help, but you didn't reply.

Please keep a look out for their response (though they may now take a few days).

Any notification emails you get will be from a No Reply address, so always check back on the forum. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 16

Your thread is in the queue for attention, @antlaura22.

It may now be after the Bank Holiday before you get a reply. 

If a business level of support is required for your work, take a look at your options for switching to Talktalk for Business (and check for any early termination fees if you switch).

For now, check the Ts&Cs (linked at the foot of the page) for the extent of Talktalk's responsibilities to residential customers. 

These have not been changed since the effects of the lockdowns resulted in so many people working from home. 

0 Likes