cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Fibre 250 slower than guaranteed minimum speed

Mykola87
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

When I signed up for the Fiber 250 package nearly 2 years ago I was told 

"You can look forward to an estimated download speed between 234.2Mbps and 322.5Mbps with a minimum guaranteed speed of 209.2Mbps."

Today when I check my account the guaranteed minimum has changed to just 107Mbps. 

When did this change happen and why wasn't I informed? The speedtest within My Account claims I'm getting 110mbps to the router so just above the "minimum". Is there anything that can be done?

I've tried all the usual steps (rebooting router, restarting devices, using a cabled device instead of WiFi etc) 

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi Mykola87,

I've booked the engineer for October 26 2023, AM - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

I’ve tried providing this but getting an error when providing my name and contact number 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi Mykola87,

I've sent you a PM requesting a little more information

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Yes that’s fine, mornings are best (Thursday or Fridays if possible)

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi Mykola87,

If you'd like us to arrange an engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.
  • Confirm your mobile number

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi Karl, 

Yes please if you could log this for me, that would be great. 

Many thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi

Line is in sync at 155mb currently, but this is below the estimated range for the line. Would you like to arrange an engineer ?

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Thanks for checking, that's about what I'm seeing here still after the 30min power cycle, it seems to have improved the latency on the line but the downloads are still far below what we originally signed up for. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi Mykola87,

Line test is passing and router is in sync at 148Mbps. Could you switch the modem and router off and leave them off for at least 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. Please let us know if there's any improvement

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 14

Re-escalating this thread for you, @Mykola87, as it's been out of the workflow for a long time. 

Look out for a response from staff during the day  - and keep in touch through the thread!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Sorry for the delay, partly forgot I posted and partly haven't had time to diagnose, 

I can confirm there have been no changes since the initial setup, I don't have a phone handset to test the line ( I don't have a voice service at anyrate) modem and router are still connected to the master socket (only socket available), no new equipment has been added to my setup. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which has detected a potential fault towards the property. Can I just confirm, has the set up changed at all since the engineer set this up? Is the modem and router still connected to the main socket? Have you added any new equipment to the line on any extension sockets? Is the voice service ok with no noise on the line?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

Don't fiddle with things over the weekend, @Mykola87.

Leave everything switched on as usual so that if support staff are running a test it will have been on for several days continually.

They will be back early on Monday, so look out for their response after the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes