cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Go live date - no internet

mdavies1927
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi. My go live date was yesterday (12/4). I received the email stating my account was now active.  The phone line has switched fine but the broadband is not working. All I have is a flashing amber light on the router. I noted on my account there is a fault recorded on my fault tracker and a reference number of REP-11223322. I rang talk talk to enquire as to the nature of the fault and ended up spending an hour on the phone to a customer service advisor who eventually suggested there is a problem with the router and they would send a replacement. She wasn’t able to look up the fault on my tracker using the reference number so no idea what this relates to. I have since received an SMS and an email stating that en engineer had resolved our service issue and “An engineer has recently done some repair works on your line, and your connection might take a few days to adjust”. The internet is still not working. The new router is not likely to be with us until middle of next week due to the bank holiday.  Does the email I have received though  re the engineer suggest that the line may come active at some point?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

The fault was identified through testing, so a new router would not clear this.  We can track the fault directly via the Openreach portal however this is not something that a customer would be able to access.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

mdavies1927
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the response Karl. So it doesn’t appear that a new router will solve the issues then. Can you clarify the below please

1- is the issue something that Openreach need to resolve or is it a Talk Talk issue?

2-  Are you able to send me the reference for the fault you’ve raised with Openreach and is there a way for me to track it with them?

thanks

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi

Tests are showing that Openreach have found an issue that is preventing authentication.  I've also logged a fault to Openreach for tracking so we can get this resolved.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes