cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

How to get a Huawei-DG8041W Firmware update

Binny
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 31

Hi,

Not sure if this is how to get an Update, if not could someone tell me how to.

Please can an OCE update my router to the latest firmware.

Router: Huawei DG8041W

Current Firmware Version: v1.05t

the problem I am having is an intermittent error occurring with the DHCP server, well at least my Solar Inverter supplier thinks it’s a router problem.  Ideally the best solution is to make the device ip address static. This feature is not working in firmware version v1.05t so I am hoping an update will fix this.

Thanks

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 31

Hi @Binny 

Whilst I do have a manual I created for the Huawei, I will not share this, as TalkTalk policy is to replace them with the Sagemcom, as per the offer from @Debbie-TalkTalk.

If you decide to keep the Sagemcom I will send you the manual of mine, but not until you have made that decision.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 22 of 31

Hi Vince

We can't send out a manual.

I can send the router and a returns bag so this can be returned if you decide you don't want to use the router after testing it.

Please let me know if you would like me to arrange this?

0 Likes

Message 23 of 31

Hi Debbie,

could you send me the manual for the Sagemcom WiFi Hub, so that I can confirm it will resolve the problems I am having.  I am a little reluctant to swap out the Huawei hub as it’s got a lot of ip-address configurations which I would need to reimplement, unless it’s going to fix things.

Vince

0 Likes

Message 24 of 31

Hi Keith,  Yes please, your latest version of the Huawei manual would be great. I am keen to not swap it out unless it’s just not going to work for me.  I definately won’t share with anyone.

Binny

0 Likes

Message 25 of 31

Hi Binny

Would you like me to send out the Sagemcom WIFI hub?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 31

Hi @Binny 

You are referring I assume to my manual, I do not publish it in that manner anymore after someone stole it & put it on their website. If you accept Karl's offer and want the latest version (last updated on 16/08/2024) then please contact me.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Binny
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 31

Karl,  I have searched the internet for an official user manual for this new router, can’t find one.  The only one I found (on this forum) was way out of date and indicated that the ‘reserve ip’ feature may be implemented in later firmware release.  So, can you provide a manual?  I am sure you can understand that without seeing the official manual I could be swapping to a newer router which does not even have the feature I am after.

Also, I have lots of ip devices on router, so I would like to see that listings of mac and ip addresses are easy to view.

I am out of my depth here, but is it possible to add a 3rd party device to the Huawei router to take over the services into the house, leaving the Huawei router to manage the connection to talktalk broadband.  I really don’t want to mess with the connection to talktalk, as you can imagine, but would be ok with the ip addresses, dhcp/dns setup stuff.

thanks for any guidance you can give.

0 Likes

Message 28 of 31

Hi

The Wi-Fi hub is the Sagemcom 5364.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Binny
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 31

Karl, can you tell me the make/model of the new router, or even better a manual.  I just want to check it has the features I need.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 30 of 31

Hi

No current firmware update for your router, but I could swap out the router for the newer Wi-Fi Hub if you like.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes