cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

I Despair

Patk1000
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 18

Hi Everyone

I have two problems at the moment that I seem to be getting nowhere with using the TalkTalk Support Chat

I am trying to upgrade my Superfast Broadband connection to Ultrafast but keep being told there are unsolicited cease request on my account but I have never asked for the service to be ceased - because of this TalkTalk say they can not process my request - what should I do ?

Secondly my landline has not worked for over two weeks now - an engineer came out and said the problem was at the Exchange - had a text to say it was fixed but its still not working - rereported but no action

If I do get a fttp connection do TalkTalk offer fibre phone as yet /

I must say that I am finding TalkTalk to be an appalling company to deal with and thing take so very long even logging a call takes at least 30 minutes - what has happened to good old customer service ?

Can anyone help please

Pat

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Hi Patk1000,

Glad to hear your landline is now working, apologies for any inconvenience. Regarding compensation please see About your auto compensation credit - TalkTalk Help & Support

Could I just ask, did you speak to our Loyalty Team as advised in my previous post?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

Well I now have my Landline working now 2 and half weeks after it stopped - is this really the best service TalkTalk can offer - no mention of any compensation even though I have ask the question - they just ignore you 😞 😞 😞

Lastly regarding the upgrade to fttp I was told a ticket had been raised to the back office on the 20/06/24 and I would receive a reply in 5 to 7 days - its now 8 days and not a word so far.

It would seem that I am not the only person having problems with TalkTalk customers services - I think I am just going to change my ISP and we will see TalkTalk in court when they take me to court for non payment

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Hi Pat,

It may be best to speak to our loyalty team, there is contact information here - Cancel your TalkTalk service - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

Still no answer

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Been waiting now 3 hours for someone to get back to me on the chat about upgrade to fttp

thid experience is not good

0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

Thank you Chris I will give the fibre team a ring - do they have a direct number please

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Hi Pat,

I can see that there has been an update from the Openreach engineer regarding the fault. I've checked again and I can't actually see a cease order so it may be worth speaking to our sales team again

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Just got an email Openreach engineer is coming to look at telephone problem on tursday

nothing heard about unsolicited cease requests or upgrade to fttp

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Thanks for all your help

Regarding the unsolicited cease requests - I have only made enquiries about upgrading to fttp not ceasing al together - am trying to go from fttc with TV to fttp 500 with digital phone(want to drop the TV on a new contract as I don't use it).

Openreach site say its not available till June 2024 in my area but Openreach engineer working in the area says its available now

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

Hi Pat,

This is still in hand with Openreach, I'll check again for an update later.

Unsolicited ceases usually happen when the customer makes enquires about changing service with another ISP, have you done this recently (you can't cease your service through My Account)

Chris

0 Likes

Patk1000
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 18

Any new on this problem it seems to be going now where - I am concerned that I now have had no land line on my current service for two weeks and if there are requests being made to cease my service where are they coming from

0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

Any news for me please on either the upgrade to fttp or my current phone not working - the phone has been out of order for over two weeks now and I can concerned if someone has access to my account to request a cease of services 

Thank you

Pat

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Hi Pat,

The last update from earlier today says that an engineer has been issued (by Openreach) to look into the telephone fault. If you don't hear anything later today can you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check for further updates.

Regarding the unsolicited cease, have you made enquires with another company about switch your service to a new provider?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

Hi Pat,

Apologies, that comment was meant for a different customer. I'll take a look at this now and get back to you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

Yes I am currently a fttc customer wanting to upgrade

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 18

Thanks Gliwmaeden2, @Patk1000, have you previously been a TalkTalk customer?

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 18

If you need phone with a Talktalk Full Fibre package, @Patk1000, you MUST make sure that you order it at the time of ordering the broadband. 

It can't just be added later without ceasing service and starting it all up again, so you end up with more down time.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes