cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

I can't access my work VPN (Zscaler) using Talk Talk Broadband

jtisc
Participant
Private Message
Message 21 of 21

I can't access my work VPN (Zscaler) using Talk Talk Broadband

Work VPN  :  ZSCALER

App version:  4.1.0.89

However I can access my work VPN using mobile data.

I can access my work VPN on other Wi-FI.

Until a few weeks ago when I got a new PC build I connected to work VPN without a problem. First with CheckPoint VPN and then AWS RAS VPN

My broadband has not changed.

My home access is fine.

The new thing appears to be the combination of Zscaler and my broadband.

On their own and with other components they work but together they cannot maintain a tunnel. 😞

jtisc
0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Hi jtisc

Thanks for your reply 🙂

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 21

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk I am happy to accept the  router replacement as a solution, thank you all,

and I'll take the unchanging connection status as a non-impacting feature. 🙂

jtisc

Message 3 of 21

Hi jtisc

I've checked and the router has the latest firmware version.

I would suggest trying a pin hole reset for ten seconds. If you would prefer not to factory reset the router and it's not affecting you using the connection then I wouldn't worry too much.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 21

hi @Michelle-TalkTalk  yes I have re-set the router once, since unboxing, before I noticed this issue. I'd want to avoid doing it again and I have updated device names which takes time

I have powered off with the switch a few times and re-started the router using the admin interface with no change.

jtisc
0 Likes

Message 5 of 21

Good afternoon,

Thanks for confirming. Have you tried resetting the router and then retested this again?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

Yes tried the dashboard on 2 different browsers and even on another device. Same situation.

Reports that it is not connected to the internet even though it is.

jtisc
0 Likes

Message 7 of 21

Hi jtisc

I'm glad to hear that the VPN connection is now working ok.

Have you tried this in a different browser?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk ,

I have now tested and happy to confirm I have a stable VPN connection, over Wi Fi with safety setting on.

From this perspective the query is resolved.

A curiosity is that the router dashboard software does not correctly report internet connected status. I see the following even right now when I am browsing and streaming etc.! It does not seem to impair service otherwise.

jtisc_0-1699356716135.png

jtisc
0 Likes

Message 9 of 21
0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

Morning,

Great thank you for confirming and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

Thanks @Debbie-TalkTalk ,

Sagemcom FAST5364 received. Will update next week when I bring my kit back and work from from home.

jtisc
0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

Hi jtisc

Thanks for the Private Message.

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 13 of 21

Hi jtisc

Please can you send me a Private Message to confirm the name on the account, I can then send you the replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk ,

If you can arrange it I would be willing to try the 'Sagemcom Wi Fi hub' - thank you.

jtisc

Message 15 of 21

Hi jtisc

Thanks for your reply.

I think we should send you a Sagemcom WIFI hub, would you like me to arrange this?

0 Likes

jtisc
Participant
Private Message
Message 16 of 21

FURTHER TESTING

Broadband normal mode with Protection ON 

Temporary WIRED connection for testing but cannot be used to work as router is rooms away from work area.

case 00 | Wi Fi connection       | Protection ON        | Cannot maintain VPN

case 01 | Ethernet connection   | Protection ON        | Cannot maintain VPN

Broadband temporarily switched Scam protection OFF  in "My account":

case 10 | Wi Fi connection         | Protection OFF      | connects  VPN but temperamentally, have to re-start  a couple times

case 11 |  Ethernet connection  | Protection OFF      | appear s to maintain VPN  

mobile data comparison only test case:

case 100 | Mobile data   |  no TT network features   | VPN connection is maintained

jtisc_2-1698281973894.png

jtisc
0 Likes

Message 17 of 21

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk  

DLINK DSL-3782

Firmware Version: v1.10t

jtisc
0 Likes

Message 18 of 21

Hi jtisc

Please can you also add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile?

Which make and model of router are you using?

jtisc
Participant
Private Message
Message 19 of 21

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk , community profile updated with account.

jtisc
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 20 of 21

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number or Account number to your Community Profile. 

We will not attempt to call you, this is so we can locate your account and run tests on your line if you are reporting a fault.

We will then reply via this thread in our Community with any further advice or next steps.

If unsure of your phone number, and if your line is working simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.  Alternatively these details can be found within My Account online or may be on the heading of any paperwork you have received.

Please post back on this thread when this has been done.

Thanks

Karl.  

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.