cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Line ceased

tonip
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

I've just moved into a house with the previous owner on talktalk broadband.

I've signed up to broadband with another provider and then had an email to say they can't connect because the previous supplier has ceased the line.

I have rang twice and got nowhere and cut off both times.

I'm at an absolute loss as the operator for talk talk said I have to speak to the previous owner and kept asking for my account?

Help would be appreciated to uncease the line so I can have broadband.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

The previous account holder has requested their account to be cancelled which will complete on the 24th.  At that point you should be able to place an order.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Click here when logged in to the community and scroll down to the Private notes section. Enter the details and then save. Only you and TalkTalk can see this information. 

tonip
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 8

How do I add my address to private notes? 

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Can you add your full address to the private notes section of your community profile and I can check the line. 

Thank you. 

tonip
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for the information,

I have asked but they've said they can't put a new line in untill the cease on the line has been taken off.

I'm not even sure who I need to be speaking to? 

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi tonip

The previous owner will have has requested a cancellation, so the line is stopped, you will need to ask your new provider for a new line, which will re-activate it. 

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

It sounds as though it would need to treated as a "new line", if the service ceased completely, @tonip.

Services are in such a state of transition, there are issues arising, such as copper line contracts no longer being available in some areas.

Sometimes the only option will be a Full Fibre service, which entails different infrastructure rather than the Openreach-based ADSL and Fibre to the Cabinet options.

Staff will be on here during the day to explain. Your thread is in the queue for attention. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes