cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

INTERNET DISCONNECTION/LOW SPEED

Pablo3
Participant
Private Message
Message 31 of 31

My internet affected since last year!!!still got open fault case from 2/01/23.Engineer never showed up!Appaerently bt openreach closed case while fault still active.Router looses connection every now and then with poor 10mb/s performance instead of guaranteed 55mb/s.I've been waiting over a month.Really?

REP-12321576

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30

Message 1 of 31

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. As advised, please can you create your own topic and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 31

Please start your own thread, @DisgustedUser.

Staff only reply to the original poster.

You need to return to the message board and click on start a topic.

Also, complete your community forum profile details for staff to identify your account.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

DisgustedUser
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 31

Almost the same here .

I have had dropping out and choked speeds for over 3 months, have raised countless faults ,the result is always the same ,an engineer supposedly comes out, fixes the problem for a day or 2,then it reoccurs ,rinse repeat. The BT engineer that once came some months ago, tells me the entire system is rotten in my street and to leave Talk Talk and get on BT fibre .It's very clear now who has been uneconomical with the truth,hint,it wasn't the engineer.

So I wait for days to hear anything about faults on the site and then magically it disappears ,no problem ,woohoo ,it's fixed ,oh joy of joy, but no it is just an appallingly bad system from the very bottom to the  rotten top, nothing works. This has ruined my Christmas, this has ruined my New Year ,in short it has blighted my life these last 3 months.

All this for the absolute pleasure it is to drop nearly £40 a month on the most appalling service, and customer service I have ever encountered. Of course I didn't sign up for this ludicrously exorbitant rip off price but when my contract ran out you arbitrarily decided this was how much I should fork out for your reject services. As my housing provision is uncertain right now I've been unable to move providers ,a fact TalkTalk clearly enjoy exploiting to the detriment of their customers.

No ethics ,no morals, no business acumen whatsoever .I will never consume another product from you or any affiliates for the remainder of my days .In an industry which is in an epic race to the bottom I must congratulate you for  seeming to be feeding there already and  for some time.

I would urge others to follow suit and consign dinosaur companies such as this to the dustbin of history where they belong.

Happy New Year TalkTalk and may I most sincerely wish you every misery  and affliction it is possible for man to endure for 2024 and beyond.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 31

HI @ToriM999 

Please can you create a new topic on the Community, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ToriM999
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 31

I am in the exact same position. Absolute shambles 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 31

Hi Pablo3,

How are you getting on?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 31

Morning,

We'll check back in with you on Friday morning to see how you are getting on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 31

Thanks Karl!

0 Likes

Message 9 of 31

Hi

I've rescheduled the engineer for Thursday 26, PM (1-6).

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 31

Thanks Debbie..today was no go as i'm on doubleshift engineer just texted me he will repin...can we try to organize it tomorrow or day after as i'm off.Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 31

Hi Pablo3

Thanks for your reply.

As soon as the engineer updates the fault ticket then I will post back on this thread.

The line test did show an external line fault, this is why Openreach sent this straight to a line engineer.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 31

No he didn't i will try to reach guy who called me at 11am around 3pm as agreed as it looksto him as external cables issue...he will then confirm do i need to book engineer to enter premises

0 Likes

Message 13 of 31

Hi Pablo3

It would not allow me to book an appointment to the property when I raised the fault (based on the line test results)

The engineer has not updated the ticket yet to ask us to book an engineer visit. I will continue to monitor this.

Did the engineer book the visit with you on the phone today?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 31

Yes Debbie,but he called me at 11am while i am at work that he cannot access the garden that's why i asked for specific date 26/01 when i am off to prevent those misscommunications

0 Likes

Message 15 of 31

Hi Pablo3

I can see that the fault has been assigned to a line engineer this morning, we should hopefully have further updates from Openreach this afternoon.

The engineer will be investigating outside the property on the line and at the cabinet.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 31

Hi Pablo3

Thank you for confirming the details.

I have raised this fault over to Openreach and this has been passed to a line engineer. This is not an appointment to the property at the moment, the engineer will investigate the line externally.

I will continue to monitor the fault for additional updates from Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 17 of 31

Hi Pablo3

I'm sorry for the delay. I have sent you another Private Message.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 18 of 31

Tried to arrange engineer visit...still no reply

0 Likes

Message 19 of 31

HI Pablo3

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 20 of 31

Can we arrange engineer visit on thursday 26/01 as its my only day off and given that last appointment was a no show and it's ongoing issue over a month can we make sure he actually shows up?Thanks

0 Likes