cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

IP address of router DNS server

norricorp
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hello,

I have serveral VMs on my host and each has its own IP address. If I log into the router then I can see each one.
Some of these VMs are quite old and were created with previous broadband suppliers / routers so for DNS purposes, resolv.conf is pointing to the wrong address. This means that I can ping ip-address successfully but can not ping machine name from various VMs.
So to log on to the router, I use 192.168.1.1. But what is the IP address for the routers DNS?
Regards,
John

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

OK, No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

norricorp
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Thanks @Karl-TalkTalk. 192.168.1.1 is what the config file is set to so that is not the cause. I will close this.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi

The router DNS will usually be set to 192.168.1.1, you can usually check if you open a command prompt on a windows connected machine and use the command  ipconfig /all

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes