cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

ISP username and pasword

Message 2 of 2

Hi

I have fibre 150 with TalkTalk. I have a BT OpenReach modem and the TalkTalk router is connected to that.

I'm trying to set up a wifi mesh system and need the username and password for the ISP.Anyone know how I can find out this info?

TalkTalk technical phone line have been no help whatsoever. I was on the line for over 1.5 hours, then without asking they patched me through to the mesh system manufacturers!

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi

An ISP username / password is only used by the router to make a connection to the equipment at the exchange.   Currently we use network authentication and so our routers do not actually require a valid username / password, but will often have these details set to a default value.  When setting up a mesh system these usually connect to the router and usually require the Wi-Fi username / password.

These details are stored locally in the router, and with the TalkTalk router, these details should also be located on a card at the back of the router.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes