cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet drop outs

des09
Problem Solver
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

For the last few weeks I've been getting drop out messages displayed on my television while watching streaming services. 

Allthough the message requests a response (enter) it generally restarts within seconds and is nothing more than an inconvenience. Occasionally it's longer and will then have the buffering thingy (sorry about the technical term)

But one side effect is that Now (Sky) has an preexisting peculiarity that it'll lose subtitles at the slightest opportunity. Not a TalkTalk problem of course, but the resets of the link is often cause enough for Now to be " upset,"

Additionally the break is generally not long enough to see what the router status is. Because it's too short a break, I doubt very much that the router is reloading in that time.

As a side issue, because I was having problems with connectivity last year I was asked to put the router into the test connection (I think it called ?) This appeared to resolve it last time and as a result I've left it like that.

Does TT have the capability of seeing retrospectively what the connection quality has been like?

Cliddy
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9
0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Thanks for that. Current situation is that it's set up for WiFi and holding up. So must be somewhere in router to tv cabling system.

I'm leaving it on WiFi as it's a perfectly good connection.

Thanks for your help.

Cliddy
0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi des09,

I've changed the title as requested

Chris

0 Likes

Private Message TalkTalk

Message 4 of 9

Ok, update.

Bearing in mind this problem is being experienced by Samsung TV owners for a number of years and I can see no solution on the web.

Then consider the fault was getting more persistent with me over a number of weeks I then started this topic yesterday.

The first thing I discovered late last night was that if I switch to WiFi on the tv it seemed ok. So I disconnected the cable connection and continued watching.

Tonight when I tried the TV the WiFi connection wouldn't work even after reconnecting it.

So I reconnected the cable connection and I've had a trouble free night !!!!

First impressions are that it could be the cable and I will try a replacement next time the link fails.

Anyway I don't think it's connected to a TalkTalk problem, so I'll go elsewhere and continue my searching.

Is there a chance you could change the title on this posting for me to include Samsung in the title. I don't think I can?

So that anyone browsing might come up with something. At the moment the posting just looks like a common TT problem (no offense meant)

Many thanks though anyway.

Cliddy
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hello,

Ok thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

I've had a look around the web for this problem. Once I looked I was inundated with people around the world who've been experiencing this with Samsung TVs since at least 2018 !

I still could not find a solution other than a remote chance it was the direct cable connection to the router. Not specifically a faulty cable, just "something" on the connection.

So I have switched it to WiFi as of today to see if it improves.

It was happening every few minutes, so I'll soon know.

But frankly I don't see it as a TT problem (you'll be pleased to know). So as of now it's down to little old me. Thanks anyway.

Cliddy
0 Likes

des09
Problem Solver
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

I have a smart TV with a direct connection and a TT TV+ box connection.

However if I know I'm going to use a streaming service I'll always use the direct connection in preference.

The message I'm getting is a 2 line white box at the top of the screen.

Does that sound familiar at all, as to where it might originate from ?

Cliddy
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi des09,

Line test is passing and your connection looks really stable, over the last two weeks I can only see two reconnections, both on the 27th. Are you connecting to the streaming services directly on a smart TV or do you have a TV box, firestick etc?

Chris

0 Likes