cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Issues with VPN

JSCL24
Team Player
Private Message
Message 54 of 54

Hi i'm having the same issues as many others with connecting a work VPN like https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/VPN-issue/m-p/2923183#M844992

I have changed laptops, restarted the router, removed everything else from the network, separated SSIDs, held IP addresses, everything - any time I connect the VPN, it almost stops the internet and laptop running simple tasks but can still access websites. 

Was on the phone to TalkTalk support but they hung up!

0 Likes
53 REPLIES 53

Message 21 of 54

Hi JSCL24

I'm really sorry but I can't connect to the router. Is the router switched on? Is there a white light on the router?

Message 22 of 54

Hi, yes the new router is now on. 

Message 23 of 54

Hi JSCL24

Sorry for the delay. Did you get the chance to swap over the router?

0 Likes

Message 24 of 54

@Debbie-TalkTalk not really as I'm working, but will do so later. The internet is staggeringly slow today. 

JSCL24_0-1666012719008.png

0 Likes

Message 25 of 54

Hi JSCL24

Would it be possible to connect the new router so I can check the firmware?

0 Likes

Message 26 of 54

Hi Debbie

The new router didn't work with the VPN, and without the VPN turned on it was much slower and caused problems on other computers and phones. We have stopped using it.

The old router, now connected, has had firmware updated but the VPN still doesn't work properly. 

0 Likes

Message 27 of 54

Hi JSCL24

We don't block VPN and I can see that the router currently connected has the firmware with the VPN fix.

Is the connection working ok when not using VPN?

0 Likes

Message 28 of 54

Hello @Debbie-TalkTalk no we have plugged in the old one, as the new router was causing issues with our phones and other laptops - the internet was really slow and timing out. I can't believe TT can't resolve this! Prices so much higher than other companies and the internet barely works. 

0 Likes

Message 29 of 54

Hi JSCL24

Is the new router connected at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 30 of 54

Hello @Chris-TalkTalk @Michelle-TalkTalk I have tried the new router and the same problem exists. There is a time out on several servers through the VPN but a few work, as before. 

0 Likes

Message 31 of 54

Hi JSCL24,

It's showing that it's out for delivery today 🙂

Chris

Message 32 of 54

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk I haven't yet received the new router. 

0 Likes

Message 33 of 54

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 34 of 54

OK I'll order the router now? Does your colleague have the same firmware?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 35 of 54

@Chris-TalkTalk speaking with a colleague who is also a TT customer, they have the same issue

0 Likes

Message 36 of 54

Yes please @Chris-TalkTalk that would be appreciated. 

0 Likes

Message 37 of 54

I can send you a replacement router to test with just in case there's a fault with the current router, it will however be the same make and model  - would you like me to send one to test with?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 38 of 54

@Chris-TalkTalk It has occasionally however the problems have been exasperated to such an extent over the last few months that I have had to change laptops after thinking it was to do with the machine. 

0 Likes

Message 39 of 54

OK thanks. Has it ever worked properly with your TalkTalk connection?

0 Likes

Message 40 of 54

Hi Chris it's Sonicwall NetExtender. https://www.sonicwall.com/products/remote-access/vpn-clients/

0 Likes