cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Multiple engineer visits and so many issues

Setto
Team Player
Private Message
Message 39 of 39

Over the last month or so my internet has had random intermittent drop outs almost everyday.

On top of that the speed slowly drops lower and lower each time until an engineer comes to fix it.

I've seen multiple of them now and the issues continue.

I've been given a replacement router, still issues, I've done so many different things and I even decided to stay when i was about to leave for Sky since I was offered a deal to stay (still haven't recieved my £130 Amazon Voucher anyway). I'm at my wits end with this, The speed is reaching low levels again and I'm gonna have to call another engineer to come and fix it.

It's also not an issue of Wifi vs LAN connection as my PC is linked via LAN.

0 Likes
38 REPLIES 38

Message 21 of 39

No, the random disconnects and issues are so hard to follow he basically said that there's no way he could tell what was causing it or when they happen. He saw the most recent fault but had no idea what caused it.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 39

Hi Setto

Was the engineer able to replicate the fault?

0 Likes

Message 23 of 39

Hi yes, they said because the disconnections are so random it's almost impossible to find the fault and they generally have no idea what could be causing it.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 39

Hi Setto

Has the engineer attended?

If you create a topic below in the billing section then my colleague Arne can take a look at the voucher for you 

Billing - TalkTalk Help & Support

0 Likes

Message 25 of 39

Hey is there also anyway someone can tell me the situation on my voucher for £130 i was offered?. I know it's up to 45 days but it's been a few weeks and I'm just wondering if it's still being sent to me or not.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 39

Hi Setto

Thanks for the Private Message.

I have arranged the engineer visit for Friday 27/05 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 27 of 39

Hi Setto

Thanks for confirming your details.

Please can you also provide your availability for an engineer visit AM and PM?

0 Likes

Message 28 of 39

Hi Setto

Thanks for your reply.

I've completed another line test and it is detecting a potential fault towards the property and Openreach are requesting that we arrange a visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 29 of 39

Hey, I have the microfilter in and the issue is still present from the line tests I just did. You can do one too if you wish.

0 Likes

Message 30 of 39

Hi Setto

The replacement microfilter is on its way. If the fault is still present with the filter at the test socket then the next step will be an engineer visit.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 31 of 39

If you would like to sure. Could anyone also help me set up an engineer as whenever I try to do it it gives me a technical issue on the website.

0 Likes

Message 32 of 39

Hello,

Would you like us to send you a microfilter? 

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 33 of 39

Hey I do apologise but I don't seem to have any other filters. I moved a few months back and I cannot find where...if I have any..they are.

0 Likes

Message 34 of 39

Hi,

Would it be possible to connect the microfilter and router at the test socket so we can re-run the line test again please? If it still detects the same fault then we can arrange the engineer visit for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 35 of 39

No it's using a wall filter/splitter.

I have no idea whats causing the issue but i'm currently down to 31mbps when I should be receiving at least 60.

It's been this way for a few weeks now it keeps shifting to lower speeds.

It's asking for me to book an engineer again but anytime I try it gives me "technical issue". I've tried on multiple browsers and even my phone.

0 Likes

Message 36 of 39

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. Is the router currently connected to the test socket at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

Setto
Team Player
Private Message
Message 37 of 39

I don't use a landline so I can't confirm if there's noise. Everytime I run tests I get told theres a fault too but the engineers have never done much beyond reset the cabinet and do line tests so I'm not sure how they haven't fixed it after numerous visits.

It does have a test socket it's what they used to test my line.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 38 of 39

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential fault. Is there any noise on the voice service? Does your main socket also have a test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes