Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No Wireless

3 REPLIES 3
Loudkitten
Team Player

If its not one thing its another. My router has now decided its not doing wireless anymore all I get is a message that says "connected no internet" this message appears at the same time as a old wired device is connected to the router and working fine. Another problem is that  it always says I have entered the wrong password which is incorrect because i have carefully entered  the correct password written on the back. Is there any solution to this? or should I just launch it out the window and buy a new working  router         

Community Team

Hi

Can you just double check the wifi password - on the back of the router are two passwords one to log into the router and the other will be the wifi password.  They can be written quite small, so on mine I took a picture with my phone and zoomed in 🙂

Also, check that some letters may not be mistaken for numbers, such as a Zero for the letter 'O' etc.

Thanks

Karl. 

Loudkitten
Team Player
The only questionable character in the password is 8 which looks like a capital B in the small print anyway I managed to log onto the router after pressing the reset button the wireless came back to life for a while before the annoying "connected no internet" message appeared again.
I don't care anymore I DO NOT want a new router to try because my employers IT department is going to give me a router that works with a VPN all i ask is that the spam protection is turned off please.
Community Team

Hi Loudkitten,

If you'd like us to disable scam protection I just need to confirm some details with you so I've sent you a PM

Thanks

Chris