cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

PPTP VPN blocked

Dexter76
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 22 of 22

Hello,

I need to work from home and connect to my work VPN network (PPTP). According with the company's IT department, Tall Talk router is known to block PPTP and they recommend to access my home router and "..set PPTP Pass-through to allow and IPSec Pass-through to allow."

Can you please instruct how I can do it?

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Carlos.

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

Morning,

I'm really glad to hear that this is now working and thanks for confirming. I'm just sending you a short survey via a PM.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 22

Hi Michelle,

at start, it didn't work this morning until I decided to restart my home router and now I can establish a successful connection to my work VPN.

Thank you for your support and help.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 22

Morning,

Just checking back in to see how you're getting on?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 22

Morning,

I've been advised that a change has been made. Please can you retest please.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 22

Hi Dexter76

I'm really sorry about this. I have escalated this again and I will post back as soon as I have further information.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 22

Hello Debbie,

I have tried this morning and still not able to connect to my work VPN (as reported before, if I use an Android phone set as hot-spot, then I can establish a successful connection with the VPN meaning that the problem isn't related with the PC but on the TalkTalk side).

Would be possible to escalate this issue, please?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 22

Hi Dexter76

Can I just check, are you still unable to connect?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 22

Hello,

can I please have a feedback related with this issue? The firmware of my TalkTalk router hasn't been updated as promised (I have checked this morning!) and still not able to establish a connection with my work VPN. Honestly, I don't understand why it is taking some much time for it..

Carlos.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 22

Morning,

I'm really sorry about this. Leave this with me, I'm speaking with the team now.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 22

Hi Michelle,

I have tried this morning and still not able to establish a connection with my work VPN.

What I know is that the problem is on the TalkTak side because if I use an Android phone configured as hot-spot, then I can connect to my work VPN successfully and therefore, the problem isn't related with my PC.

I have logged-in in to my TalkTalk home router and notice that hasn't been restarted more than 13 days. How the firmware could have been updated? See picture in attach..

Thanks.

Carlos.

TalkTalk_router_info.png
0 Likes

Message 11 of 22

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've been advised that this should be resolved, would you mind retesting the VPN again please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 22

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. Just to advise, I'm still chasing this now.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

Hi

I've emailed our network contact to see if we can get this picked up, if not done already.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 22

Morning Debbie,

Can you please inform about the status of upgrading the firmware of home router? I need to work from home ASAP and, unfortunately TalkTalk is blocking any attempt to connect to my work VPN.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Carlos.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 22

HI Carlos

Sorry for the delay.

I have chased for an update and I will post back as soon as I have had confirmation that the firmware has been updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 22

Morning Debbie,

any update related with this topic?

Thank you,

Carlos.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 22

Hi Carlos

Thank you 🙂

I will make the change to the router firmware and I will post back on this thread to confirm once this has been completed.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 18 of 22

Hi Debbie,

I have just added the router serial number and MAC address info on my Private Notes section.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Carlos.

Message 19 of 22

Hi Carlos

Please can you add the serial number from the back of your router to the Private Notes section of your Community Profile.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 20 of 22

Hello,

Currently the router is switched on.

Thanks.

0 Likes