cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Problems with Sagemcom-FAST5364-3.T8 version SG4K100174 connecting

kcegginton
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 32 of 32

The main problem is that the router has been dropping the connection more and more frequently and then taking up to 3 hrs to reconnect - fast orange blinking, slow orange blinking, white/orange blinking - then repeat & repeat - no steady white for up to 3 hrs.  No improvement after power-cycling and restarting gateway.

>  I replaced router with an old Plusnet router - no problem - immediate, fast and steady connection - I would stick with that except that it was last updated in 2019 - so, potentially vulnerable.

>  I have performed factory reset (both with pinhole on back and through online management screen) - problem recurred after reset.

>  Logging into Router (192.168.1.1) now raises flags about a 'Self-signed' security certificate - I don't remember seeing this before - all browsers force me to ignore warning.

>  I think it was after the last firmware update (months ago) that a worrying problem arose - the Dashboard Connection status reports "Your router is not currently connected to the internet" - depite it clearly being Online and the router (apparently) working correctly.  The connection diagram shows red line between 'router' and 'world'

>  The log is now showing some DNS errors - "netmon-control.dropbox.com" and Amazon & Avast urls as in attached screengrab.  Not seen before reset.

My worry is that my router is either failing or has been hacked.

Any help would be appreciated,

Ken

DNS errors.jpeg
kcegginton
0 Likes
31 REPLIES 31

Message 21 of 32

Thanks Karl, I guessed that might be the case - I figured it's just the browsers overreacting to http addresses - I can set an exception.

Now I  just need explanations for the erroneous 'Internet Disconnected' report and that this HTTPS URL is reported as insecure. 

Cheers,

Ken

kcegginton
0 Likes

Message 22 of 32

Hi

The router address 192.168 etc is only HTTP, and not HTTPS, this address of the router is only available via your local network, so either connected over Wi-Fi or wired direct to the router.  It does not indicate that your security has been compromised.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 32

Hi Debbie,

Second attempt.  Lost first because your site does not accept jpg files (they have to be jpeg).

Yes router arrived yesterday and was installed immediately. Good connection made first time.  But opening router home page, was met with warnings about it being Insecure and that there was no internet connection (despite it telling me the upload and download speeds and IP addresses).  As I write to his the padlock alongside the URL is crossed through and I am told this HTTPS site is insecure (see attachments).  This happens on both my phone and PC.  I am worried that my connection or system is compromised somehow - especially as I have been receiving new phishing emails on my Tiscali addresses since I raised this topic.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Ken

Screenshot_2024-06-06-18-51-34-129_org.mozilla.firefox.jpegScreenshot_2024-06-07-08-35-09-404_org.mozilla.firefox.jpeg
kcegginton
0 Likes

Message 24 of 32

Hi @kcegginton 

How are you getting on, has the router arrived?

0 Likes

Message 25 of 32

Hi Ken

Thank you.

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know if you do experience the same fault with the replacement router.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

kcegginton
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 32

Thank you Debbie.

Yes, profile details are up to date. Postcode finishes 6DU.

I notice in the log that just after 3am, Upnp was activated followed by the message "TR-069 connectivity to (acs.talktalk.co.uk) has failed" many times .

My browser is reporting this page is insecure.

Cheers, Ken

kcegginton
0 Likes

Message 27 of 32

Hi Ken

I will send the router to the address linked to the landline number in your Community Profile, is this the correct number? (please do not post the number on this thread)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 28 of 32

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your attention to my problem. 

A replacement router might be a good place to start - I am quite concerned about the constant  misreporting of internet connection status and browser warnings about the 'self-certified' nature of the security certificate regardless of the connection issues.  

In that regard, I notice from the logs that during the last two nights, ADSL dropped at 03:30 (I assume by your command) but connection was re-established about 30 seconds later with no problem - so that is good - but I have not tried a full power-cycle to see if the full connection issues remain.

I take it that you have my postal address to send the replacement router to.

Cheers,
Ken
kcegginton
0 Likes

Message 29 of 32

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which is clear. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

kcegginton
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 32

I certainly need to get this sorted - profile is up-to-date.

Thanks

kcegginton

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 32

If you would like the support team to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond. Bear in mind that they won't be back online until Monday. 

0 Likes