cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Really poor speed and Rubbish Customer Service

Mylie
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 56 of 56

I've had slow speed for over two years and cannot get  this resolved.

All TT want to do is blame home wiring or connections and charge me £75 if this is the case.

[I was previously a Shell BB customer and forced back to TT when the service was sold on]they did send an BT engineer and he confirmed a network fault in the area, but this has never been rectified.

TT say they don't guarantee any speeds, even if the speed is nowhere near the 65mbps Im paying for.As you can see below my service is rubbish yet I'm forced to stay with TT until my contract expires in January 2025 when they will charge me even more for not delivering a service!

Mylie_0-1723464833968.png

I've spent hours on the phone and via live chat [there's generally an understanding/language issue]. I simply want the service and speed somewhere close to what I'm paying for or leave TT without penalty, any suggestions welcome!

55 REPLIES 55

Message 21 of 56

Have you ever spoken to the Shell Migration team, @Mylie?

Same 03451 720088 number.

They may have a record of your contracted minimum with Shell. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Mylie
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 56

Hi Michelle 

Yes spent around 45mins and as usual got nowhere.

They say the minimum speed for my fibre 65 is zero and that's why it's shown as that on the speed test graph. 

Can you please clarify what contractual speeds I should be getting on the package for my location?

0 Likes

Message 23 of 56

Morning,

Did you manage to reach our Live Chat team?

Michelle

0 Likes

Mylie
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 56

Ill give it a try, but as I'm sure you know it takes a while and usually gets nowhere!

0 Likes

Message 25 of 56

Odd!

The other place to check is in contract documents sent by email when you took out the contract, @Mylie, or just use Live Chat today.

0 Likes

Mylie
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 56

Hi Gliwmaeden2,

Many thanks for your advice, i've run this test many times and the broken line is always showing at zero!

See below test i ran today, interestingly the missing data from the 29th was the day of the  engineer visit.

Mylie_0-1725182962180.png

0 Likes

Message 27 of 56

If you check My Connection and test your speed you'll see your minimum guaranteed speed for your particular line showing as a broken line below your speed readings for the past week,  @Mylie. Accessed via Service Status Dashboard. 

0 Likes

Mylie
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 56
BT Openreach engineer attended as agreed on the 29th August, multiple faults were identified on his test equipment and a new master socket was fitted, wonder why this was not changed on a previous BT visit? Also find it difficult to understand why talktalk had tested the line multiple times in the past but couldn't identify any faults until very recently!

The speed at this time has improved but speed tests fluctuate considerably, can you please clarify expected speed to my property based on my tariff of Fiber65.

0 Likes

Message 29 of 56

Hi

Appointment amended to 29th AM directly with Openreach.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Mylie
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 56

Hi Karl 

The appointment should be for Thursday 29th August and not the 22nd as in your email.

Please ammend asap and confirm?

0 Likes

Message 31 of 56

Hi

I always send T&C's via PM.  If they ever change, it saves leaving old T&C's visible to confuse any reading them.

I've booked Openreach for Thursday 22nd AM (8-1).  Is this date ok, or do you need to change it ?

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Mylie
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 32 of 56

Hi

I've replied to your PM:

I will agree to the items listed in your PM, but firstly you need to confirm the date & time

just wondering why we have gone private when no personal details have been posted?

0 Likes

Message 33 of 56

Hi

I've sent a PM with some details, can you please confirm acceptance of the Openreach engineer conditions.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Mylie
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 34 of 56

Hi Michelle

I am forced to agree to a visit, but will not agree to pay a fee if the engineer cannot find the fault, after all it's TT that state that there is a line fault 'The line test today has detected a potential fault towards the property and specifically requests that we book an appointed visit to the property. This engineer would also check externally but they would first check from the property first.'

I can arrange to be at home [my loss of earnings] on Thursday 29th August AM 08.00 - 13.00, please confirm?

0 Likes

Message 35 of 56

Hi,

We can only book specific line engineers when the line tests detect a potential external line fault. The line test today has detected a potential fault towards the property and specifically requests that we book an appointed visit to the property. This engineer would also check externally but they would first check from the property first.

Potential engineer charges would only usually apply if the engineer was unable to find a fault and connection works ok when they visit, if the fault is located on any internal wiring or your own equipment or if the main socket was damaged internally. Openreach maintain the line up to the test socket so if all testing has been completed at the test socket with different equipment then it most likely that the fault is external and charges wouldn't apply, but only the engineer can determine this during the visit.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Mylie
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 36 of 56

Hi Michelle

We have indeed gone around in a full circle yet again.

All tests confirm a line fault and not an internal fault, why can't TT firstly check [physically]the service to the point it enters my property?I'm not prepared to take a day off work [needs to be a full day as I do not work local to my home address] and lose money just in case the engineer wants to access the property. So far i've repeatedly carried out all the required in home testing on TT behalf, surely it's now time for TT to actually look for an correct any faults??

I've repeatedly carried  out all tests requested by TT and not charged you a fee for my time! Yet  you will continue to charge me as if i was actually receiving the  service and speed estimated when it's very clear that there's a problem. 

We then of course have the threat of a £75 penalty if I'm not in or can't give enough notice to change date or time.     

0 Likes

Message 37 of 56

Hello,

Thank you. I've re-run the line test now which is still detecting the same fault. As all testing has been completed at the test socket with 2 different routers then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property.

If you'd like to go ahead with this visit then please can you confirm acceptance of possible engineer time related charges and also provide a few days availabilty AM (8-1) and PM (1-6) and we can book this in for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Mylie
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 38 of 56

yes it's done.

I'm just doing the same tests for TT over and over again, were not making any progress are we? 

0 Likes

Message 39 of 56

Hi,

Ok thank you. Would it be possible to connect the microfilter and router at the test socket now so we can re-run the line test in this set up and so we can see if it's still detecting the same fault please?

Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Mylie
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 40 of 56

Hi Michelle

I've tried the old & new routers directly to the socket,with and without a filter,with the telephone and without the telephone and it makes no difference at all. The only definitive change has been that the new router drops out so much that its unusable,so at this time  I'm back on the original router,still appalling speed but at least it doesn't drop out every 10 mins or so. 

0 Likes