cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Replacement router needed for fibre 65

DaronM
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

I am on fibre 65 and my Internet speed isn't very good from my router. A test online shows the speed to the router is good, but the speed to my devices is getting  worse and worse, and cuts out sporadically. My router is very old and I never got a new one when upgrading to fibre 65. I'm sure the problem is the router.

How do a get a replacement?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

I'll get a replacement router out to you and see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

DaronM
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Thanks skynet, I downloaded this app and it just kept saying no WiFi in range, so presume this means the WiFi strength isn't good enough, so presume a new router is definitely needed.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi @DaronM,

Staff here will be back tomorrow and should be able to respond within a day or two, if they think a new router is needed they will be able to arrange this for you.

You may be suffering from Wi-Fi interference (assuming any 'wired' devices you have are getting a good speed) you could try changing the channels that your router broadcasts the Wi-Fi signal on, you can use free smartphone Apps like this to see what channels are being used within range of your smartphone, you can then change your router to use channels that are less congested.

0 Likes