cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router - Firmware updates needed

CallumRanger
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

I work for New Forest District Council.

There is currently an issue where I am unable to connect to our security system (which allows me to work from home). Our IT department have identified that this is linked to the service provider TalkTalk who are actively blocking the ability for staff to work from home via a secure connection.

I understand from previous experiences that my router needs firmware updates and to address it here in this post forum.

I am currently using my mobile as a hotspot which isn't ideal as it drains my battery and data. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi CallumRanger

Please can you try powering down the router for a full 30 minutes and then test the VPN connection again once the router has been switched back on?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi Karl,

When I press connect it takes around 20 seconds and then displays a DNS error. I have spoke to my work IT and said that because I can tether my work phone as a hotspot using mobile data and connect to the VPN but can't connect to the VPN using my TalkTalk broadband it's the ISP.

Hope this helpsCallum

0 Likes

CallumRanger
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi Karl,

When I press connect it takes around 20 seconds and then displays a DNS error. I have spoke to my work IT and said that because I can tether my work phone as a hotspot using mobile data and connect to the VPN but can't connect to the VPN using my TalkTalk broadband it's the ISP.

Hope this helps

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi Callum

I'm showing your router already has the correct firmware for VPN, version 2829t.

What happens when you try to connect to your VPN connection ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes