cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router blocking access to VPN

JPC2022
Team Player
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

I have previously used TalkTalk for 18 months with no issues connecting to my workplace VPN. My entire family have in the last 2 weeks lost access to VPN with their respective employers. The TalkTalk router has been checked by my work place and they found no issues on their end and suggested that I try connecting remotely from another location instead just to test the system. Bingo, connected right away using routers from competitors of TalkTalk, so my issue is that it would seem that the Sagemcom CS 50001 Device: FAST 5364-3 T8 is blocking access to workplace VPN. Please could you find a quick resolution to this issue so we can continue to work! thanks in advance, 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi

If you start your own thread (new message), we’d love to help.

We’ve found that posting in someone else’s conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

It’s easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

HI

I am new at TalkTalk. I am trying to found out answer to your supportcase

ROUTER BLOCKING ACCESS TO VPN

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/Router-blocking-access-to-VPN/td-p/2886526

But cant find in in the thread.

Br

Mikael Areschoug

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi robhansel,

Please start your own thread and we'll be happy to help

Chris

0 Likes

robhansel
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 11

Hi, I am experiencing the same issue and despite making a over a weeks worth of calls to the call centres and trying to make a complaint am no further forward, does anyone know a quick resolution to this issue otherwise I am moving providers....

R Hansel
0 Likes

robhansel
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 11

hi, I have exactly the same issue with my router and despite a weeks worth of calls to the call centre and trying to make a complaint I am no further forward and looking to leave Talk Talk unless they resolve it very quickly, can anyone here advise a resolution to this issue

R Hansel
0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

JPC2022
Team Player
Private Message
Message 7 of 11

Wow Karl, you've fixed it, thank you! wish I'd contacted you sooner😁

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hi

I've made a change to the router, try the VPN connection now.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

JPC2022
Team Player
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Thanks Karl, I uploaded the requested information earlier this morning following your message.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can pick this up for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips