cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router is broken

MassiveLotion
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 23

My router (WiFi Hub Black) has stopped working. The white LED light has stopped coming on on the front. The orange LED still works. I know that the problem is the router is broken because I've tried a different router and that works.

Please may I have a replacement sent.

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 1 of 23

Hi MassiveLotion

The router is on its way (to the address listed in the Private Notes section of your Community Profile)

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 23

Please.

This time please send to the address in the 'Private notes' section of 'Personal profile' -> 'Personal Information'.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 23

Hi MassiveLotion,

I'm sorry but we just order a router, we have no control over what you receive. Please let me know if you would like us to go ahead

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 23

Thank you.

Please can you arrange for me to be sent a new (i.e. not second-hand, not refurbished) Wi-Fi hub to the address in the 'Private notes' section of 'Personal profile' -> 'Personal Information' please. I go to work every day and I cannot receive anything at my home address.

I think it's perfectly resonable to request this, being as I am a long-time customer who chose to stay with TalkTalk despite the price increasing this year to be more expensive than packages offering the same speed from competitors.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 23

Hi MassiveLotion

New routers are usually sent, however we may refurbish some routers but only when we are sure that they will still hit our high standards and we are confident that they will work correctly.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 23

Sorry,

For some reason you have not answered any of the questions I asked in my last message.

Please can you answer them.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 23

Hello,

I'm really sorry to hear this. All routers that are sent out should be in good condition. Would it be possible to post a photo of the replacement router please? (Please remove any personal info first)

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 23

Hi,

I don't understand. I asked whether it was possible to get a new router, or whether they are all second-hand, and you replied by saying you can send a new router. But I've been sent another second-hand one.

Did you mean for a new one to be sent, or are there no new routers available anymore? Do new customers get a second-hand router too? If they can get a new one, why can't I?

The problem with second-hand/refurbished equipment is that it doesn't last. It's obviously used up a lot of its finite lifespan sitting in someone else's house; and in addition, it's often treated badly by its previous owners (my replacement one was covered in dirt) which compounds the problem.

I think it's a bit poor that given all this money I'm paying, I can't receive a new router when the old one has stopped working.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 23

Hi MassiveLotion

Have you received the router?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 23

Hi MassiveLotion

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 23

Yes! Please do.

Message 12 of 23

HI MassiveLotion

I can send a new router, are you happy for me to go ahead and arrange this?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 23

Thank you for your offer. Is it possible to get a new one or are they all second-hand?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 23

Morning,

Apologies, if it is badly scuffed/damaged then we can send another router. Would you like us to arrange this?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 15 of 23

@MassiveLotion, Talktalk is quite open about sending reconditioned routers out - that's partly what all this recycling is about, and many are sent back after hardly being used as they were for fault testing etc.

Agreed, it would be nice, and more professional, if they bothered to give them a clean up and a wipe down too, before posting them out!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 16 of 23

I received it the other day. It has someone else's dirt and scratches on it. Is it normal to send second-hand routers?

0 Likes

Message 17 of 23

Hi MassiveLotion

Have you received the router?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 18 of 23

I've ordered the router, you should receive it within a couple of days

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 23

Thanks. I've done that. When will it be sent?

0 Likes

Message 20 of 23

Hi

Add the alternative address to the private notes section of your 'Community Profile' .

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes