cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router replacing old current router dues to speed issues

EdwardWong3090
Team Player
Private Message
Message 17 of 17

Hi,

i had to replace my okd router due to speed issus on it , engineer came and tested the line via master socket getting around maxium 25 mbps upload ir download speed. When engineer tested the old current router its around 13-16 mbps . With the router replacement is not helping me as it keeps disconnecting which i ve had iver two days to try all the process from resetting it , leaving it on , but lights keep flashing dsiconnects and no lights now . So i have to rely on my okd current router. 

I am having trouble with my new router replacement, everytime i browse something and not load the website and have to double click it , when i change settings like channels it reestablish connections to the internet but the flashing orange light continues and then the lights turn iff it self  and would not conenct to the internet. Is it true that when i receive a new router replacement inhave to wait till

midnight for the new router to connect to TT line 

? i ve messaged TT team via twittr but no help. Was wondering if there is an issue with my router replacement ? In the pass with my router replacement i had no issue. This time the router replacement i recieved is not up to standards and now my internet keeps disconnecting. Tried to ask for another one to be sent out but twitter team says just wait for new line to activate at midnight even though i ve left my router replacement switched on. Not happy with the router replacement and in need of a new router sent out , if its possible ? Thanks

TravelEd90
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi

We can check the router is working correctly once any line fault is cleared.  As this has been logged to Openreach today, check back with us tomorrow and we can see what they have done.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Ok , my router replacement i recieved today the white light isnt that bright tbh? 

TravelEd90
0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I can see that a potential external line fault has been detected and this has been passed to Openreach for further investigation. We'll check this again for you in 24hrs to see if there are any additional updates on the fault.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Need help with an issues again recieved router 2nd time and running service status saying an issue with my line between home and exchange, is there an issues can you check for me please? Also router on white light isnt that bright ? 

TravelEd90
0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Morning,

No problem. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

EdwardWong3090
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 17

Thank you .

TravelEd90
0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Hi Edward

The router and returns bag are on the way, please allow up to 48hrs for this to arrive.

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 8 of 17

The support team here will be able to identify you from the details you have already added to your community profile (e.g. your landline phone number), so they should already have the details they need.

EdwardWong3090
Team Player
Private Message
Message 9 of 17

Yes please if you could send me a new router ? Thanks. I ll send back the faulty one back with the slip inside saying its faulty and needs repairing . How do i send my full address to you for you guys  to send me another  new router ? Thanks 

TravelEd90
0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi EdwardWong3090

I'm sorry for the delay.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 11 of 17

As you already have a working TalkTalk connection then the advice to wait until midnight does not sound correct, you only need to wait until midnight when you are a new customer joining TalkTalk, as it can take until midnight for the service to be fully activated. But as you are just being sent a replacement router it should work immediately, the advice to wait until midnight sounds wrong.

If you have tried a factory reset of the new router by holding in the reset switch on the back for over 10 seconds, and that has not fixed it, then it does sound like the new router might be faulty, the support team here will be able to help with that when they are back next week.

Where you were saying the speed from your old router was poor, how were you measuring the speed, were you running speed tests from one of your devices, if so was that device connected wired or wireless ?. It is best to run a speedtest from a device connected wired to get a reliable result. If a wired speed test gives good results, but a wireless speed test gives bad results then it could just be a problem with Wi-Fi congestion.

Message 12 of 17

Yes the same model ... i spoke to twitter team , they said i should leave my router on till midnight as it waits for the line to activate and be connected to TT line service status . As soon as i leave the new router on just keeps disconencting. In the oast i receive router replacement was fine but now TT aervice has gone down and am thinking of sending this new router back .

TravelEd90
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 13 of 17

Is the replacement router also a Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub ?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

My old model router was TT Sagecom  Fast 5364-3 T8 

my old router connextion was stable and stays on all the time. 

oh ok... didnt know they are off till

monday. Am  not gonna use the router replacement and i ll use the old router for now . Feels like i should send this back and say i got fed up with the disconnecting internet router even though it was switched on. 

TravelEd90
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 15 of 17

Hi @EdwardWong3090,

What model was your old router, and what model is your replacement router ?

When you are using the old router is your connection reliable, i.e. does it stay connected all the time, or do the lights on this old router also indicate it is dropping the connection sometimes.

When using the new router have you also used the new cable and microfilter that came with the new router to connect it to your phone socket ?

The Support Team here won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

Hi @EdwardWong3090 unfortunately this is a holiday weekend so the TT staff may not get back to you till Tuesday. Your post has been escalated and you will hear soon. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes