cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router resetting several times a day

glanman
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Some months ago I reported this issue. At that time I was on the 38Mb fast fiber plan. It was more prevalent at times of high use eg, when grandchildren visiting and gaming. It seemed to have been sorted, but on renewal of my contract and thinking the 38Mb may not be handling the extra devices too well I upgraded to the faster 65-74Mb fibre plan in the hope that I would not experience this issue again. Sadly not the case as I experienced drop off several times a day during their stay. At other times when there is no or very little usage it will just drop off and reset itself (orange flashing light)  Also we have had several instances of devices dropping off Wi-Fi and having to be re-connected. I did the line tests in Service Centre and that shows no faults at this time. Is it possibly down to the router itself? Does it possibly need replacing?

Could one of the team please investigate so I can have confidence in the  supply of service again.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hello,

Thanks, please let us know how you get on 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

glanman
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

Thanks Debbie. I look forward to recieving and trying it.

K

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi glanman

I'm very well thank you 🙂  I did catch it 12 months ago but have managed to avoid it since, thankfully.

I hope you're doing well too 🙂

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

glanman
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi Debbie, Thanks for the speedy reply. I Hope you're well and missed all that Covid stuff. That would be great thank you. It may take a while to get a good feel for how things are going as it seems to have settled periods then just drops out, but if that's OK with you then, yes please!

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi glanman

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections.

Would you like me to send a different router for testing to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes