cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Slow broadband speeds

Veiled
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 47 of 47

Hi everyone,

I have been getting slow speeds for the past couple weeks. I am on 65Mbps contract but I have not been getting the guaranteed speeds. Sometimes when I do speedtest in the evenings I am getting 3Mbps and during the day its fixed at 25-30Mbps.

I did a reset and created a fault at account level, I would appreciate your guidance.

Regards,

0 Likes
46 REPLIES 46

Message 1 of 47

Hi @Veiled 

Thanks for your reply.

If you do experience any further issues then please post back here and let us know.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 47

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for asking it is mostly stable. Had one issue with speeds going as low as 1-2mbps in a room for an hour but that might be a blind spot.

I would say back to normal levels as before for now.

Regards,

Message 3 of 47

Hi Veiled

How's the connection been since your last post?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 47

Hi @Veiled 

That's great news 🙂

We will check in again with you next week just to make sure everything is still working ok.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 47

Hi Chris,

The engineer was very helpful and the issue is fixed. I will be keeping an eye on it for the next couple of days to see how it fares.

He reduced phone line noise levels and did a DLM reset after that the speed cap which I had at 30 went back to the suggested levels. 

Regards,

Message 6 of 47

Hi Veiled,

I've booked the engineer for - July 23 2024, PM - please let us know how you get on

Chris

Message 7 of 47

Hi Debbie,

Would be good to investigate further to understand why the speeds are capped and below under guaranteed speeds for this long.

I am available Tuesday afternoon or Thursday afternoon this week.

Regards,

Message 8 of 47

Hi @Veiled 

We can arrange another engineer visit to investigate or alternatively if you would prefer to discuss upgrading to FTTP then you can contact our Loyalty team directly or you can check out the upgrades tab in My Account.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 47

Hi Debbie,

No improvements at all. Sadly, it is the same as my first post not getting the guaranteed speeds stated under the contract.

Can you advise on next steps please? Will a change to FTTP be a solution?

Regards,

0 Likes

Message 10 of 47

Morning @Veiled 

How's the connection been since your last post?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 47

Hi @Veiled 

Thanks for your reply.

I will check in again with you on Friday to see how the connection has been.

FTTP is more reliable as it does not use copper lines.

Message 12 of 47

Hi Debbie, 

After the engineer completed his work outside he phoned to let me know that he made some changes to the cables and switched ports. Asked me to observe for couple of days and see if DLM will increase speeds back to normal. 

He also mentioned full fibre is more reliable.

Message 13 of 47

Hi @Veiled 

I'm so sorry to hear that this fault is still occurring.

Did the engineer advise on the next steps they would need to take if the fault was still present? (following the work they completed)

0 Likes

Message 14 of 47

Hi Chris,

To keep you updated, the engineer arrived and observed the speed drops, as a solution moved cables outside to a different port and asked me to observe the speed for 2-3 days and see if DLM will increase the speeds back to normal.

Currently, the issue persist and not getting the guaranteed speeds stated in the contract. I will keep an eye on this for a couple of days and keep you updated on how it goes.

I might move to full Fibre 150 or higher(no landline needed) depending on the outcome please let me know if this is a feasible solution to the problem at hand. Another solution would be to move to another provider but I would rather explore the other option first.

Regards,

0 Likes

Message 15 of 47

Hi Veiled,

I've booked the engineer for - July 16 2024, PM - please let us know how you get on

Chris

Message 16 of 47

OK, I'll book the engineer now and get back to you with the details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 47

Hi Chris,

Agree to above.

Available PM Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday this week and the next.

Regards,

0 Likes

Message 18 of 47

OK, if you'd like us to arrange an engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 47

Sure, if this would fix the issue and increase the speed levels to the same as before I would be happy with this.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 47

DLM did move you to a different profile yesterday but it's not made any difference to the connection speed. If you'd like us to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further please let me know and I'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes