cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Slow speeds - When will fibre get here

richyrich6
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 20 of 20

If have had issues for a long while now with slow speeds and dropping out.

The open reach guys say there is a cable issue somewhere but they dont know where, So my speed has dropped from 35 to 22MBS which is not what I pay for.

They also commented on the fact there was fibre cable rolled up under the road, So I guess it may be coming soon.. 

We have all been contacted recently by Airband to upgrade to fibre coming soon. Do I need to change to get proper speeds or is there a chance you guys will upgrade imminently..

Just would like to get grown up speeds in this day and age..

Many thanks

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. I can see that the sync speed hasn't increased as yet. I've included a Help Guide below which has more information.

Speak to a Person | Contact Us | TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

Hi 

New router gives exactly the same speed results. See attached

How do I get hold of the loyalty team, Never easy to find how to contact talk talk

Thankyou

image0.jpeg
0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Morning,

It may be worth contacting our Loyalty Team directly as they will be able to confirm if Future Fibre (FTTP) is available to you and place an order if available. Please let us know how the router compares 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

richyrich6
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 4 of 20

Hi

Fantastic, Thanks for your help.

I checked on FTTP availability, it says It is available, a shame nobody tells us, although I dont believe it as open reach says they need a road closure to connect it. which hasnt happened.

Any way thanks again

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Hi richyrich6

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

In regards to FTTP availability, there is an availability checker on this page Guide to Future Fibre and FTTP | TalkTalk

0 Likes

richyrich6
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 6 of 20

OK Yes please happy to try anything..

How can i find out if fibre to the premis is imminent ? 

Thankyou

Message 7 of 20

Hi richyrich6

It would be worth testing with a different router so this can be ruled out. If the router is faulty and causing errors or re connections then DLM wont increase the speed/profile.

Would you like me to send a router for testing?

0 Likes

richyrich6
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 8 of 20

Hi Not tested with a new router but open reach tests only show 26mbs at the socket so shouldnt be a router issue ?

Thankyou

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've re-checked the connection stats/re-run the line test now which is still clear. Can I just confirm, have you recently tested with a different router?

Thanks

0 Likes

richyrich6
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 10 of 20

I come back to this thread as need to move forward with issues..

I Pay for 35mbs and was until recently getting over 30mbs

This has dropped to 24 (the minimum on my contract) when TalkTalk measure it, but in reality 23 at my laptop.

Talk Talk may be happy they are within contract minimums but I am not getting what I am used to and require to operate my home.

Open reach have spent a long while trying to sort it and believe there is a faulty cable so havent done anything about it.. At the same time Open reach were adding fibre infrastructure to the ductings and state it is in the road and due to be connected which would solve my problems..

I cannot find anyone who will confirm if and when fibre to the premis might happen.

I either need my cable mending or fibre to the premis to be connected.

I cannot continue with the minimum speed.

Please please can someone help or pass me to someone that can, It is pretty much impossible to find how to talk with someone at Talk Talk. so you are my last hope.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

Hi

All tests are clear currently.  Would you like to test another router to rule out any hardware issues ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

richyrich6
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 12 of 20

How do i get hold of the sales team..

Please run tests by all means, but the ones I did say I have been at 24mbs all the time but was at 35 then 22 then 2 then 0.2 back to 22 today. something somewhere isnt right.

Thankyou

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Hi richyrich6

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing first so we can rule this out?

Thanks

0 Likes

richyrich6
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 14 of 20

Today I have less than 2mbs.. All the support tests say I have 24mbs which I havent had for a month or 2 the tests also say I have 24 to my devices They all read < 2 even when connected through lan from router..

Maybe I need a new router or maybe the tests dont show actually what is happening...

I am getting quite cross now without the full speed I pay for which I was until recently.. Something has changed out there.

I stated before the engineers say fibre is in the road outside cant anyone tell me when it will be connected.. 

They know we have an issue as we have copper cable running over 1000 m across town to our nearest cab...

Please someone help

We have been sort of forced into the online world and cant operate without it

0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

Hi richyrich6,

it's really  the distance from your home to the street cabinet that affects your speed, the overall distance to exchange isn't really an issue as the cable from the exchange to the street cab is fibre. As the speed is still low with your router connected to the test socket we can arrange another engineer visit if you like?

Chris

0 Likes

richyrich6
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 16 of 20

Hi

Yes I have done all tests available.. The open reach guy knows where he thinks the fault is but suggested i investigated if fttp was arriving soon as I am a very long way from the exchange and often get issues with speed

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

Morning,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Can I just confirm, have we ever done any testing previously, such as the router connected directly at the test socket for at least 48hrs?

Thanks

0 Likes

richyrich6
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 18 of 20

Thanks for your reply. I would like my speed back where it was at 35, But the open reach guy couldnt sort it, as a cable fault.

I havent talked to sales but that is probably a good idea.. It is quite disappointing having quite a good speed only for it to get worse.. I believe the only way to get better speed is through fibre, Wherever I get it from.

Many thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 19 of 20

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Would you like us to take a look at your current speeds for you? Have you been in contact with our Sales Team directly as they may be able to advise when FTTP will become available?

Thanks

0 Likes