cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Strange DNS failures

mitchgixer6
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 126 of 126

Hi all

I have been having issues with my connection recently, mainly slower speeds (still hitting 30mbs) and disconnects. 

I have just spent 40 minutes on chat with the tech team trying to nail it down, but no errors with the line showing, suggested it may be wiring in my house but nothing here has recently changed. 

I was just looking at my router setting and noticed some strange behaviur in the logs. Lots of DNS name resolution failures during the night when there would be no acces on my connection.

Anyone have a clue whats going on or if this could be the cause of my instability?

Thanks

DNS Fails.png

125 REPLIES 125

Message 21 of 126

Hi

This has been booked in.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

mitchgixer6
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 22 of 126

Hi Karl 

If you can book that for me please that would be great 

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 23 of 126

Hi

Earliest Engineer booked for Tuesday 1st November AM (8-1).

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

mitchgixer6
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 24 of 126

Had the 6th engineer visit yesterday and the issue still persists. The engineer yesterday didn't actually seem to do anything. This is getting beyond a joke now. I'm going to have to book another engineer visit.

I'm available from Saturday 29th onwards 

0 Likes

Message 25 of 126

Hello,

Thank you for confirming. I've booked the engineer appointment for Tuesday October 25 2022,PM as requested. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

mitchgixer6
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 26 of 126

Hi there 

If you mean engineer related charges if a fault is found inside my premises then I'm happy to accept as it has already been proven the fault lies outwith. 

I would be available either Monday or Tuesday next week. 

0 Likes

Message 27 of 126

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you confirm acceptance of possible time related engineer charges and also provide a few days availability and we can book this in for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

mitchgixer6
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 28 of 126

Hi guys 

Unfortunately I'm going to have to request another engineer visit. My line is still the same as it was after my first engineer visit.

Can you please advise on available slots? 

0 Likes

Message 29 of 126

OK thanks, I've booked that for you - Reserved appointment slot : October 12 2022, AM

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

mitchgixer6
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 30 of 126

Will need to be Wednesday morning, I'm not available until then 

0 Likes

Message 31 of 126

Hi mitchgixer6,

The only appointment available this week is Friday AM, nothing on Monday, AM and PM from Tuesday onwards

Chris

0 Likes

Message 32 of 126

OK thanks. I'll book the engineer and get back to you with the details

Chris

0 Likes

mitchgixer6
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 33 of 126

No, would need to be tomorrow or Monday 

0 Likes

Message 34 of 126

Are you available for the rest of the week if tomorrow isn't available?

Chris

0 Likes

mitchgixer6
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 35 of 126

I will be available tomorrow 

0 Likes

Message 36 of 126

OK, when would you like me to book it for?

Chris

0 Likes

mitchgixer6
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 37 of 126

I suppose you better book ANOTHER engineer visit then. 

0 Likes

Message 38 of 126

Sorry, no we don't know when it will be available, all I can suggest is keeping an eye on the checker and My account

Chris

0 Likes

mitchgixer6
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 39 of 126

Yeah I knew that, that's why I asked if you knew when it would be available, BT are currently installing in my area.... 

0 Likes

Message 40 of 126

OK thanks, so it looks as though Future Fibre isn't available yet

Chris

0 Likes