cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Useless Upgrade Offers

The_Old_Git
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

Why does Talktalk offer upgrades that are unavailable at my location?

I want to get faster broadband, but full fibre is not available here apparently,  which they are aware of. So why do they keep offering it as an upgrade?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

OK thanks. I wouldn't be concerned that it hasn't been rolled out yet, there are many areas where it has yet to be rolled out (I'm still on FTTC, FTTP has only just become available to me in the last couple of weeks)

Your speeds are on the low side but are above the guaranteed minimum so as you say it will just be the length of copper cable from your home to the cabinet, that is restricting your speed. You may find that other network providers have roll out plans in your area even if Openreach don't.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

I can only see it is not available, but cannot find when or if they will upgrade it

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Thanks. Have you checked the Openreach website so see if there are any plans to roll out FTTP in your area?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

The line appears fine Chris.

I am pretty sure it is all down to the distance I am from the exchange and old copper phone lines.

I must admit it does concern me with all this talk of switching over to digital, when the lines have not been upgraded here.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Thank for updating your profile. Line test is passing, are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Thanks Chris, I would appreciate that 

I have updated my profile 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

OK thanks. We can take a look at your current speeds. If you'd like us to do this can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi Chis

No it only shows fibre 35, which is what I have, although my average speeds are way lower than advertised.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi The_Old_Git,

Does Full Fibre show as an upgrade option on our availablity checker? - Full Fibre Installation | How is Full Fibre Installed | TalkTalk

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

The problem is, they offer the upgrade when I login to my account and not just emails.

I even tried going through the process of upgrading and it would have let me order it, but I checked first with someone on their chat and they confirmed my suspicion that it was unavailable.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

They do the same when it comes to renewals, @The_Old_Git.

They used to offer me Fibre65 when no FTTC is available. 

Less work for them sending out generic emails / offers but you always need to check in person what's available:

03451 720088 9am -7pm or Chat.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes