cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN Issue Sagemcom-FAST5364

JeffWG
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

My Router has been updated to the latest version this morning (Sagemcom-FAST5364) which has stopped the VPN working.

I see some people have had a further firmware update to resolve this.

Could this be done on mine please?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

JeffWG
Team Player
Private Message
Message 1 of 6

Thank you.

I believe that I have a new router on it's way anyway as the chat desk have sent one as they don't believe that this can be fixed and unfortunately could not click on any  of the links to show it could as they don't have internet access. Seems ironic.

Anyway, I am finally happy and now my email is verified I will always come through this channel as I could see the excellent work you were doing and was frustrated not being able to access it.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi

We have asked our device manager to whitelist any on your current firmware so this will not be changed until the issue is resolved fully in the next new firnware.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

JeffWG
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Karl, thank you, I am up and running again. Can you reassure me this won't be unfixed?

This information needs to be shared as I spend 3 and a half hours on a 'chat' yesterday before swapping routers to an old one which I was assured would  not be updated. This was subsequently updated this morning with the  bad firmware. I then, after posting here (I couldn't get the verification email to send so I assume it wasn't posting), I spent a further 2 hours on chat to a support person who said that the exact thing I could see being done by you, Debbie and Chris could not be done.

I  also accidently posted twice so Chris has also looked at this as I could not see the post as I could not get my email  verified. Tried a different email and posted again, but it then posted the original. Sorry

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi Jeff

All done, see if this works.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi Jeff

I'll do this now.  Your router will reboot in the next few minutes. Don't turn the router off, just let it do its thing and I'll report back as soon as the update is complete.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes