cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN Issue

Chrizzy_81
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Hi,

Like it seems many other users, I am having the same issue as:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/VPN-CONNECTION-ISSUE-Generic-Routing-Encapsulation-GRE...

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/VPN-no-longer-working/td-p/2883303

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/VPN-NOT-CONNECTING-USING-PPTP/td-p/2883367

Despite nearly 3 hours with the Twitter support team they advised they could not help me, please can someone here help me out?

Thanks

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi Chrizzy_81

That's great, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Chrizzy_81
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 11

@Debbie-TalkTalk Now working! 

Thanks a lot.

Message 3 of 11

Hi Chrizzy_81

Thank you. The firmware has now updated, please can you retest and let us know how the connection compares.

Debbie

Chrizzy_81
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 11

@Debbie-TalkTalk that would be fine, yes please!

Thanks

Message 5 of 11

Hi Chrizzy_81

Thank you. I will need to make a change to your router firmware. Would it be ok if I update the firmware this morning?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the firmware. This should take no longer than 15 minutes to update.

Thanks

Chrizzy_81
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 11

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

I added my phone number into my profile, hopefully that's what you want?

Thanks

Message 7 of 11

Hi Chrizzy_81

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 8 of 11

Yep, the built in Windows VPN does have some known issues with SG4K100136, hopefully the support team will be able to tweak some router settings tomorrow to get things working for you.

Chrizzy_81
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me - I am struggling with this forum a bit, it seems to like to delete messages you type out.

Anyhow - I use the Windows 10 built in VPN software to connect to my works server.  It has been running successfully on my existing setup for good year or so now, and then mysteriously stopped working this week.  My IT team went through an exhaustive list of things their end and eventually asked me to see if I could try a Wifi hotspot on my phone and see if the VPN would connect then - it did.  Which led us down the avenue of checking into Talk Talk and it seems by after a fair amount of research and non-fruitful DMs on Twitter to Talk Talk's twitter support, that it was probably a firmware update as I am running a:

Sagemcom Fast 5364-3

Firmware version SG4K100136

Which seems to be the same one that lots of people seem to be having an issue with. 

Hopefully I can get a fix for it tomorrow, thanks for reaching out.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi @Chrizzy_81,

If you have the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub then this will probably have been caused by the firmware upgrading to a new version.

What VPN software do you use, or is it the built in Windows 10/11 VPN ?

The support team here will be able to help, if you do have the Sagemcom they will probably be able to fix it by changing some router settings, they will hopefully be able to reply tomorrow.