cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN issue

Truck50
First Timer
Private Message
Message 33 of 33

Hi everyone,

Similar to many other posts, e.g.: 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/Work-VPN-access-blocked-with-new-TalkTalk-fibre/td-p/28777...

and this: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/VPN-stopped-working-with-Sagemcom-SG4K100136/m-p/28803... 

Been using this PC and Router combination to access my companies VPN for a long time working from home. Seems to have stopped working in the last 2 days. VPN is standard profile through Windows. Other TalkTalk customers in my company seem to be having the same issue.

It appears that a small change in the Firmware is required to re-allow VPN connections.

Please can someone update the Firmware as needed.

Thanks

32 REPLIES 32

Message 21 of 33
0 Likes

Message 22 of 33

Done, thank you.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 33

Hello,

Please can you create your own topic and we'd be happy to take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 24 of 33

Can you please fix this  for me, I have been having issues recently too after 2 years of none. Other people can still access the work VPN fine but I can't anymore.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 33

@Debbie-TalkTalk  I have been getting the same problem with my VPN. Can a firmware update please be applied to my router also? Many thanks

Message 26 of 33

Hi Truck50

That's great, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 27 of 33

That's fixed it.
Very quick! Thank you very much!

Message 28 of 33

Hi Truck50

Thank you. I've now updated your firmware, please can you retest?

Debbie

Message 29 of 33

Yes, please can you update.

As soon as possible, when you're ready, would be fantastic.

Message 30 of 33

Hi Truck50

Thank you. I will need to make a change to your router firmware. Would it be ok if I update the firmware this morning?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the firmware. This should take no longer than 15 minutes to update.

Thanks

Message 31 of 33

Thank you, I have now updated.
Please contact me as needed, but if you're able to update the firmware that'd be great.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 32 of 33

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks