cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN issue

Truck50
First Timer
Private Message
Message 33 of 33

Hi everyone,

Similar to many other posts, e.g.: 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/Work-VPN-access-blocked-with-new-TalkTalk-fibre/td-p/28777...

and this: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/VPN-stopped-working-with-Sagemcom-SG4K100136/m-p/28803... 

Been using this PC and Router combination to access my companies VPN for a long time working from home. Seems to have stopped working in the last 2 days. VPN is standard profile through Windows. Other TalkTalk customers in my company seem to be having the same issue.

It appears that a small change in the Firmware is required to re-allow VPN connections.

Please can someone update the Firmware as needed.

Thanks

32 REPLIES 32

Message 1 of 33

Hello,

As advised, please can you create your own topic and we'd be happy to take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 33

@JSCL24 As ever, please start your own topic, complete your community profile and the support team will be happy to help. Bear in mind that you are unlikely to get a response before next week now. 

0 Likes

JSCL24
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 33

@Debbie-TalkTalk @Chris-TalkTalk  i've been having the same issue connecting a VPN, it conflicts with my router (i've even had to ask my work to change my laptop and it hasn't solved the issue). Spent hours on the phone with IT who can't solve it. 

0 Likes

JSCL24
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 33

Hello my VPN is having the same issues. I have tried separating SSID's, assigning IP addresses, resetting the router, clearing the network, and had my company IT looking at it for days. Please could someone take a look @Debbie-TalkTalk @Chris-TalkTalk 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 33

@jamesluckett

I will take a look at your topic now.

Thanks

Debbie

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 33

@jamesluckett If you start your own topic and complete your community profile then the support team will be happy to help. 

Message 7 of 33

Chris,

Can you help because I am getting incredibly frustrated with your technical support team. I cannot connect to my work VPN but it will work with other providers and through a mobile phone hotspot connection. I have had two routers now and neither works and the technical support team are not helping. Please HELP!!

JSL
0 Likes

Message 8 of 33

Hi NickBaily111,

As Gliwmaeden2 has asked, can you please update your profile and start your own thread and we'll be happy to look into this for you

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 33

The community forum profile is not yet showing as completed, @NickBailey111.

Check again, especially that you have added your Talktalk landline number  / account number and click on SAVE CHANGES if using "personal information" rather than "profile wizard "

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

NickBailey111
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 33

Done.

Nicholas Bailey
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 33

Wherever you seek support, @NickBailey111, staff need to identify your account. 

To complete your community forum profile details, please go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

To post your own topic, return to the message board and click on start a topic. 

Staff only reply to the original poster. It is better to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines  - staff are great at offering solutions. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 33

i dont understand. join this do that. This seems very over complicated. I'll just call talk talk and wait in line like all the other mugs. ☹️☹️☹️

Nicholas Bailey
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 33

1. See the earliest reply re completing your community forum profile details. 

2. See previous guidance: start your own thread, @NickBailey111.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 33

Hi

If you start your own thread (new message), we’d love to help.

We’ve found that posting in someone else’s conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

It’s easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 33

Hi,

I have discovered that i have the same issue as others today trying to use my work VPN. How do i go about getting it fixed?

Nicholas Bailey
0 Likes

Message 16 of 33

Hi Adam

I will take a look at your topic on your thread now.

Thanks

0 Likes

AJD_1987
First Timer
Private Message
Message 17 of 33

Hi There,

I've started a new job and found that my router doesn't support the VPN client my workplace is using (Cryptek). 

Much like others I'm aware there is a firmware fix for the issue, could this be rolled out to my router so I can work? 

Kind regards,

Adam 

0 Likes

Message 18 of 33

Hi MisterDiPY

I will post on your topic on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 19 of 33

@MisterDiPY The support team here will be able to help you on the new topic that you have now created

0 Likes

MisterDiPY
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 20 of 33

Hey Debbie, I have updated my profile with our landline number. Are you able to change our firmware version so that we can use PPTP VPN please? We are struggling to get this resolved via the phone support.

0 Likes